Hi, everyone. Former Detroit. New to the list. I look forward to being part of this community.

My family owned Chung's Restaurant in the Cass Corridor. Founded by great-grandfather in 1939/40, the restaurant sat on the corner of Cass and Peterboro, across from Burton International. We were famous for our egg rolls, almond boneless chicken and wor dip harr. I had great memories of growing up there and in the general neighborhood.

I'm doing some research on my family's history and wanted to see if anyone on this list could share memories of:

1.) eating at our restaurant [[what were your favorite dishes, any favorite stories or routine, like my mom said Opening Day for the Tigers were always busy, as was Christmas)
2.) did you ever come down for the Moon Festival or the Lunar New Year parade?
3.) Any memories of how the neighborhood, in general, changed over time, particularly in the 70's and 80's? I remember a vibrant gay and lesbian community that was in the area, too [[Gold Dollar Bar, Birdtown Petshop, etc.)

Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated. I've talked with many family members already. Now I want to hear what others have to say.

Thanks!

Curtis