Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Mike19 -

You have a very good point. It is not a secret that the junctions are about as mickey mouse as you could get. Couple that with I-94 crossing I-75/Lodge/I-96 within 4-5 miles of each other and there is the perfect storm for congestion. Throw in out-dated exchanges and dlck drivers, well it's really not that hard to comprehend.

I'll add that along the stretches between 696 + 75, the ramps force a quick merge into traffic. Three lanes for this entire corridor is probably not enough to handle the ingress and egress along the way without creating backups and a reduction in overall speed. Not to mention there is significant winding throughout the stretch.
    Last edited by TKshreve; December-09-13 at 03:29 PM.