Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

That Great Guy Guest

Default SMART is providing good bus service along Michigan Ave

I live and work directly on a SMART bus route. I still need a car because I work all hours. I enjoy not having to drive all the time and the bike racks are really nice. The buses are full of people, clean and run on time.
    I support the present property tax to be renewed August 2014, but don’t want higher transportation taxes, unless we can work to make mass transit competitive with the rest of the World to attract good jobs. So, I think SEMCOG should have evening meetings to help get more support from the passengers by increasing the revenues from fare boxes.

What are your thoughts on this? Should the SMART millage be raised a little more? Should we support an RTA millage or car registration tax?

Last edited by That Great Guy; November-18-13 at 08:19 PM.