Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I learn a lot more about the mindset of folks like Gannon than the GPP police chief on threads like this.

Channel 4's cameraperson did a fine job keeping the camera angles tight, and never panning out to show the small group of the protest...sure looks like more than 25 people, doesn't it?! When I passed by, it was roughly 12:10...I'll check the time on my gas receipt.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/f...o/-/index.html

Channel 4's reporter is doing a great job propagandizing this...good Lord, his language is inflammatory. "the whole world"...then again, Chauncey is never shy with his hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    I learn a lot more about the mindset of folks like Gannon than the GPP police chief on threads like this.
    Please do give me your full analysis. Don't be shy.

From the interview on Fahle's show, Neavling indicated more than mere skepticism, although that was the word he used in his scoop.

As for my mindset? I'll give you a little hint. I am against evil things, beings, and actions. When even good cops [[which are, hopefully, the majority...and I choose to believe this) protect bad cops from prosecution of their crimes, they immediately become as bad or worse than those bad seeds. The Blue Wall of Silence is real, everybody knows this. It keeps those [[hopefully few) bad cops not only in their positions of authority, but gives them license to continue in their bad behavior.

So, yeah, when I call out this truth and shine light on it...now you know my motivations, this is my mindset. Anything else, you are imagining in your fantasy world.

If there is one officer on the force doing these evil things, and showing a superior attitude against civilians, that is too many. My personal interaction with the GPP police has been nothing but positive. But it is too common for those with darker pigmentation to be pulled over on Mack Avenue, to the point that my girl and I are shocked if anyone white is stopped.

She noticed a much heavier presence on Mack than usual last night, I told her they were probably trying to pull over as many white folk as possible, to help skew their statistics some...for the eventual civil trial! She volunteered to get pulled over, she wanted to show off her dancing moves.

Admittedly I did not watch the whole video, just the few seconds I saw on Fox 2. But what I saw was no different then what you see on Hardcore Pawn or hear on any given Howard Stern show. Where is the racism?

I know the homeless down here [[black and white) put on a "shuck and jive" for the sheriff's deputies to amuse them and give them a reason not to "roust the bums" when they are loitering.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    From the interview on Fahle's show, Neavling indicated more than mere skepticism, although that was the word he used in his scoop.

As for my mindset? I'll give you a little hint. I am against evil things, beings, and actions. When even good cops [[which are, hopefully, the majority...and I choose to believe this) protect bad cops from prosecution of their crimes, they immediately become as bad or worse than those bad seeds. The Blue Wall of Silence is real, everybody knows this. It keeps those [[hopefully few) bad cops not only in their positions of authority, but gives them license to continue in their bad behavior.

So, yeah, when I call out this truth and shine light on it...now you know my motivations, this is my mindset. Anything else, you are imagining in your fantasy world.

If there is one officer on the force doing these evil things, and showing a superior attitude against civilians, that is too many. My personal interaction with the GPP police has been nothing but positive. But it is too common for those with darker pigmentation to be pulled over on Mack Avenue, to the point that my girl and I are shocked if anyone white is stopped.

She noticed a much heavier presence on Mack than usual last night, I told her they were probably trying to pull over as many white folk as possible, to help skew their statistics some...for the eventual civil trial! She volunteered to get pulled over, she wanted to show off her dancing moves.
    To add to this the person in question I have almost hit at least 6 times in the past couple years. He is a menace on the roads around GPP.

greekt0wn Guest

According to the race hustling Free Press, the "victims" and the rabble-rousers are all Detroit residents. So tired of this. All it does it make productive people not want to live in Metro Detroit anymore.

GPP police officer admits taking videos, taken off duty- here.
    Last edited by cjd; November-23-13 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjd View Post
    Yeah, but it's not over.

There will be a generation or two of folk who believe they can dance their way out of trouble in GPP now.

Quote Originally Posted by cjd View Post
    Now go after the other officers who forwarded and silently cosigned this nonsense.

I hope he's punished to the full.

He used the powers that comes with his badge to racially harass a mentally ill man. And no amount of

-obfuscation

-black men walking with their pants sagging

-anecdotes of black men committing crime

is going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    He used the powers that comes with his badge to racially harass a mentally ill man. .
    I guess i am still a little slow here. Does this mean if the man was white this would be a non-incident? Does this mean every time a white person does something bad to a black person it is racially motivated? And likewise if a black person deos something bad to a white person it is rcially motivated

I see a police officer using very poor judgement in decision making, but ii'm missing an override racial aspect to the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioron View Post
    Does this mean every time a white person does something bad to a black person it is racially motivated?
    I think that it generally the way it works now. See all the people jumping all over on the Renisha McBride case, despite the fact that not one thread of evidence has hinted at race having anything to do with it. Nevertheless, this becomes a huge story even though hundreds of black youths are blown away every year by other black youths with equal or less hesitation than McBride's perp -- barely a squeak in the local or national media about any of those. All equally sad but they just don't have any sensationalist aspect to them that can be taken advantage of.

And likewise if a black person does something bad to a white person it is racially motivated
    Doesn't really work that way. As a reference, take a look at the numerous reports of 'knockout'. Apparently this has been going on for years and it wasn't even reported- despite the fact that it is black youths that often racially target whites or asians.

I see a police officer using very poor judgement in decision making, but ii'm missing an override racial aspect to the incident.
    Agreed on the very poor judgment. But maybe you missed the one purported still photo that referenced 'coloreds'. I think that photo, if real and taken by the same officer, probably is a decent indication that he has a real bias. That alone, makes the other videos suspect.

As Huel Perkins pointed out and asked the other night on "Let It Rip

1. Were any laws broken ?... because its not a crime to do something stupid.

2. Was the man physically injured or harmed?

3. If this had been a Black Detroit Cop doing this to a White or Latino man in Southwest Detroit, would be even be having this conversation? Think about it….and seriously too

Quote Originally Posted by birwood View Post
    As Huel Perkins pointed out and asked the other night on "Let It Rip

1. Were any laws broken ?... because its not a crime to do something stupid.

2. Was the man physically injured or harmed?

3. If this had been a Black Detroit Cop doing this to a White or Latino man in Southwest Detroit, would be even be having this conversation? Think about it….and seriously too
    It's not a crime to do something stupid or generally be a dick to a retarded guy, which is why he wasn't charged with a crime. However, his actions were totally unprofessional and he is being professionally disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    It's not a crime to do something stupid or generally be a dick to a retarded guy, which is why he wasn't charged with a crime. However, his actions were totally unprofessional and he is being professionally disciplined.
    But the entertaining thing about all of this is how so many people are jumping at this small opportunity to bash the Pointes. It's like they've been waiting for it. A man was called a few insensitive names and it was caught on video. Move on people.

The chief has spoken. Interesting, the wording.
    "The police chief set the punishments, which could range from a one-day suspension to the full two-month furlough, but all will be without pay."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2ltQfYOhQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    The chief has spoken. Interesting, the wording.
    "The police chief set the punishments, which could range from a one-day suspension to the full two-month furlough, but all will be without pay."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2ltQfYOhQ
    Sounds like a suitable punishment.

Some final consequences are wringing out.

The US Justice Department always gets involved in "nothing" or "molehills" that some idiots called this.

Good job Grosse Pointe. Good effort. We're all very proud of you!

Some final consequences are wringing out.

The US Justice Department always gets involved in "nothing" or "molehills" that some idiots called this.

Good job Grosse Pointe. Good effort. We're all very proud of you!
    I'm actually surprised you're pointing to that as some sort of serious thing. I would have thought you'd be pointing out the silliness of a non binding MA and totally bullshit "proclamation". I expected a screed about how the "fix was in".

Glad to see it worked to convince the righteously indignant that "something" got done though...so, not a complete waste of time.
    Last edited by bailey; February-12-14 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I'm actually surprised you're pointing to that as some sort of serious thing. I would have thought you'd be pointing out the silliness of a non binding MA. I expected a screed about how the "fix was in".

Glad to see it worked to convince the righteously indignant that "something" got done.
    What's your deal?

Are you actually upset there was punishment/consequences?

Was what happened in the video supposed to be positive to you?

WTF are you even battling against?

What's your deal?

Are you actually upset there was punishment/consequences?

Was what happened in the video supposed to be positive to you?

WTF are you even battling against?
    I'm completely fine with the suspensions. They acted like asses.

You're the one proclaiming a non binding MA is some sort of indication this was something bigger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3