Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
    Please get out of the pool immediately. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. There is clearly underground construction going on. My advice get your facts straight before you start crying wolf.
    Go see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Go see for yourself.
    I drove the twelve or so blocks over there this morning before I posted. Then found a local news source which explains some of the work being done there...which sounds as if it is concurrent with the underground construction others have mentioned.

You, perhaps, need to take a better look...and not just listen to complaining bus drivers. I'm sure they don't like it one whit, a few of those streets are too narrow for traffic opposing a SMART bus...they cannot like the diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    So, there's that. No through streets closed off in GPP, as far as I know.

Cheers
    Grayton at Mack. Ironic since Grayton is one of the nicer streets in Detroit [[EEV)

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Grayton at Mack. Ironic since Grayton is one of the nicer streets in Detroit [[EEV)

Thanks. No others across Mack, either...very strange.

It wasn't done to fend off evil Detroiters. It was done to stop vehicles from cutting down Grayton instead of using Cadieux.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It wasn't done to fend off evil Detroiters. It was done to stop vehicles from cutting down Grayton instead of using Cadieux.
    I remember when Grayton was an oiled gravel road from Harper to Kelly.

greekt0wn Guest

Envious and jealous malcontents never cease to amaze me. If any of you were motivated enough to acquire the wealth to live in the Pointes, the first thing you'd do is worry about how to protect your neighborhood and property value from the doom that is the east side of Detroit. I'm all for hating on the Birmingham or Orchard Lake ostentatious trash, but people that call the Pointes home are generally humble, successful Christians who love Detroit, which is why they CHOOSE to live so close to it. What they don't love are the tens of thousands of illiterate, violent criminals that call Detroit home. I didn't know wanting to keep the bad guys out of your tony enclave was a bad thing.
    Last edited by greekt0wn; November-19-13 at 09:16 AM.

Great work from Craig Fahle this morning, having Steve Neavling on-air to explain his expose. Hated that the first response from the Captain he approached simply denied it. Hate even MORE that they've closed ranks and are reportedly engaging their own investigation. This should be done by somebody else, ANYBODY ELSE, with the authority to prosecute the bozo or bozos who choose to act out like this...AND EVERY COP AND CITY EMPLOYEE who witnessed this behavior and did nothing to make it stop.

I wouldn't want to be Steve Neavling driving down Mack Avenue over the next few weeks, though, you just KNOW the Blue Wall of Silence is seeking to teach him a lesson in revealing the poisonous behavior of those bad cops protected by the system.

Let's see how this plays out...let the light shine!

Great work from Craig Fahle this morning, having Steve Neavling on-air to explain his expose. Hated that the first response from the Captain he approached simply denied it. Hate even MORE that they've closed ranks and are reportedly engaging their own investigation. This should be done by somebody else, ANYBODY ELSE, with the authority to prosecute the bozo or bozos who choose to act out like this...AND EVERY COP AND CITY EMPLOYEE who witnessed this behavior and did nothing to make it stop.

I wouldn't want to be Steve Neavling driving down Mack Avenue over the next few weeks, though, you just KNOW the Blue Wall of Silence is seeking to teach him a lesson in revealing the poisonous behavior of those bad cops protected by the system.

Let's see how this plays out...let the light shine!
    My God, you're acting like they need to send in the National Guard. You just look like a hysteric.

Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by GP For Life View Post
    My God, you're acting like they need to send in the National Guard. You just look like a hysteric.

Calm down.
    Not hysterical at all, being emphatic.

I know that doesn't go over well in GP, especially with those stuck there for life. What did you do to get THAT sentence?!

Kym Worthy to the rescue. The State Police are looking into this now. Yay.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/24...ntally-ill-man

Why wouldn't they just use Harvard since that is the adjacent street? Curious.

This one's for GPforLife! From the Fox2 website article:

Rev. David Bullock from Change Agent Consortium agrees the actions in the videos reflect the department, not the community. However, he adds, "What will be reflective of the community will be its response."

Funny, one police officer caught making racist remarks. He should be reprimanded 100% and if found making arrests strictly because the person was black, he should be fired. I don't find this to be a reflection on the department at all. GPP do a great job of keeping their cities safe. They border one of the most crime ridden cities in the country. I also find this whole topic to be getting a little overblown, the officer didn't physically harm anyone, or shoot at anyone from what we know. He just said insensitive things. If this is all that we had to worry about in this word was name calling it would be a better place. Again, I'm not defending the guy, he should be suspended.

Why wouldn't they just use Harvard since that is the adjacent street? Curious.
    I don't know, and you'll have to ask the drivers. Closed off Grayton is just that, closed off. There is a small strip of landscaping, with widely spread pine trees growing on it, to prevent vechicles from driving over the land. It does NOTHING to stop anyone from entering or walking down Grayton off of Mack.

This one's for GPforLife! From the Fox2 website article:

I wonder what the good Reverand has to say about causing permanent brain injury to someone by sucker-punching men and women? I guess "What will be reflective of the community will be its response."

I wonder what the good Reverand has to say about causing permanent brain injury to someone by sucker-punching men and women? I guess "What will be reflective of the community will be its response."
    Not sure...I didn't get close enough to ask.

But I drove by the municipal center just after noon, to see how big the protest was...and there were no more than twenty-five people milling about, and some of those were newsies and city officials. So, I'm guessing they had fifteen protestors or so.

I cannot wait to see if this appears on the news, and how they shoot the video. It would take a very narrow perspective to make it look like a crowd.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    No one is suggesting that the Pointes shouldn't have police, and I'm pretty sure that the private security patrols in Palmer Woods don't target non-whites, since that would be kind of silly given the composition of the area, so I don't see how the existence of those patrols is relevant. However, I agree that there can be perfectly good reasons for putting up physical barriers that don't involve racism. Even if barriers are put up explicitly to make entrance/exit by ne'er-do-wells in neighboring areas more difficult [[which I don't think the people of either Palmer Woods or the Pointes would concede), I don't see that as necessarily racist--it would depend on the particular facts. But the behavior described in the referenced article, if accurate, is simply outside the bounds of acceptable behavior, and to the extent it has been permitted by the people or governments of the Pointes, it is to their extreme discredit. Doesn't actually speak well of the human race, for that matter.
    The Magnolia subdivision in Southfield has closed itself off to traffic from 8 Mile. I doubt that the motivation in that case was racial either.

Great work from Craig Fahle this morning, having Steve Neavling on-air to explain his expose. Hated that the first response from the Captain he approached simply denied it.
    I was watching some one else make a similar statement. What should his first response have been? "give me the names you have so I can fire them immediately after I hang up the phone with you?"

I didn't hear the interview, but from the article:

Grosse Pointe Park Capt. David Loch said earlier today he was skeptical of the allegations because of a contentious divorce between Najm and his ex-wife, whom Loch presumed to be the source of the texts. But after we watched more than a dozen racially charged videos this afternoon sent from officers in his department, Loch said he would immediately investigate.
    How is any of that an unreasonable response? Now the MSP is doing the investigation. Which is the correct thing to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I was watching some one else make a similar statement. What should his first response have been? "give me the names you have so I can fire them immediately after I hang up the phone with you?"

I didn't hear the interview, but from the article:

How is any of that an unreasonable response? Now the MSP is doing the investigation. Which is the correct thing to happen.
    Apparently MSP has declined to get involved.

wtf? seriously?!

when I said what I did, it was before the GPP took Kym Worthy's advice, and were acting like Good Ol' Boys...tightening the ranks of the Blue Wall of Silence.

As for the Captain's denial...he was completely closed off to the POSSIBILITY that anyone under his command would misbehave...instead of being OPEN to whatever complaint Neavling was presenting. He didn't have to volunteer any eventuality to the complaint other than accepting it, and he did not.

THAT is the first face of the Blue Wall of Silence that keeps most of these complaints from ever seeing light. If not for the videos, this would not be a public issue, it would remain what some of you would claim "conspiracy theory"...the ramblings of some you deem unworthy of respect, obviously the same superior attitude as the perp or perps within the uniform who performed these illegal acts and foolishly created their own damning evidence.

So, kiss it.

As for the Captain's denial...he was completely closed off to the POSSIBILITY that anyone under his command would misbehave...instead of being OPEN to whatever complaint Neavling was presenting. He didn't have to volunteer any eventuality to the complaint other than accepting it, and he did not.

THAT is the first face of the Blue Wall of Silence that keeps most of these complaints from ever seeing light. If not for the videos, this would not be a public issue, it would remain what some of you would claim "conspiracy theory"...the ramblings of some you deem unworthy of respect, obviously the same superior attitude as the perp or perps within the uniform who performed these illegal acts and foolishly created their own damning evidence.

So, kiss it.
    oh. ok. got it. He should have fired the guy on the spot before reviewing any evidence . Anything less is the blue wall of silence. By Neavlings own written account, the Captain was "skeptical" and the skepticism ended when he saw the evidence. You'd have a point if he was still refusing to do anything about it.

regarding the skepticism of the legitimacy of the complaints, perhaps he was skeptical because they do hours and hours of training on exactly this sort of thing? Perhaps he was skeptical because he works and supervises these people on a daily basis and could not imagine one of them being cruel to mentally handicapped in this fashion?

Ever have a subordinate involved in a messy divorce? I have. I got all manner of "anonymous" tips about his off the clock behavior and opinions. I was also served with a summons to appear at a deposition regarding allegations he molested his 6 yr old son [[which were shown to be totally bogus prior to my needing to appear).

But yea, there could be no legitimate reason to be skeptical of the allegations because, by default, all non black cops in any community anywhere near Detroit are all racists....
    Last edited by bailey; November-20-13 at 05:36 PM.

wtf? seriously?!

when I said what I did, it was before the GPP took Kym Worthy's advice, and were acting like Good Ol' Boys...tightening the ranks of the Blue Wall of Silence.
    the Captain was notified on thursday [[per the original article) ...not 6 months ago. Investigation started Friday. so.. basically 24 hours or so of "blue wall silence"?
    Last edited by bailey; November-20-13 at 05:43 PM.

not the inclusion of Kym Worthy's advice, and GPP's subsequent 'request' to the MSP [[which I'm sure was merely to save face)

and you are being really stupid with the assumptions and misreading of what I've plainly said. Neavling said the Captain would not even consider that his underling misbehaved, at first.

I said, plainly and clearly, that 'he didn't have to volunteer any eventuality to the complaint other than accepting it, and he did not'. Meaning, since you have such reading comprehension difficulties, that he did NOT have to do anything against the officer YET...not at the time of the presentation of the evidence...but he should've not tried to chase Neavling off the case. Civilian complaints should be received, not denied...no matter the situation.

Fact that this dude is in a messy divorce is evidence alone that something is amiss in his life. Sure, it could only be the wife, and you'd really like that to be the case. I know divorce in police ranks is common, but the BEST officers I've ever known have been able to remain with their partners. There might be something to that trend...
    Last edited by Gannon; November-20-13 at 06:09 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast