Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Danny it is not that 'walled' off... I have worked in that area for years and enjoyed lunch, dinner, summer concerts etc. in the Points often. Is it pure racism that people want to retain a lifestyle without the drama of frequent break-ins and car-jackings which are going on the other side of Alter with impunity daily?

Palmer Woods has blocked off some areas. I don't blame them. And there are more black people living in the Pointes who made a choice to leave Detroit. I don't judge people by default for their 'riches'.... it is relative to some extent. If the car-jacker chooses me for my particular 'riches', ala my nice used car and old laptop, where the difference? I am a victim too!!! Probably by the same perpetrator committing crimes the 'burbs'...

I know the GP police can be 'snarky' so I avoid contact with them, and they are strict about traffic enforcement thru those areas. The speed sign says 35 mph. They mean 34 mph!! A dead giveaway is someone speeding say 36 mph pulled over by the GP rollers. They don't know the strict traffic enforcement 'deal'... most eastsiders, or visitors over there know.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

GP for life, You're living inside Richville. Do you see what happens when certain main roads and neighborhood streets are blocked off from Alter Rd. to Mack Ave. Do you see 5 richvilles don't want to see a all Black and blighted Detroit ghettohood next door.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-16-13 at 06:30 AM.