Hi all!

I'm thrilled to be moving back to the Detroit area after being away for about 8 years. I spent about 4 years in Chicago and 4 years in NYC. I move back on Nov. 23rd!

Truly, I love Detroit and I'm glad to be moving back home and to be part of the amazing energy and scene in Detroit. I did live in the past in Midtown, Corktown and Woodbridge - and most of my family lives in Farmington Hills and West Bloomfield.

Housing:

I think this time around I'd like to live in either downtown Ferndale [[or vicinity) or Midtown Detroit. My family is begging me to live in Ferndale since they watch the local news and someone is being murdered at a gas station in Detroit everyday. I'd be looking for either a room or a 1 or 2BR apartment. Buying a place MIGHT be an option also.

Job:

I'm college-educated [[my degree is in communications), sharp and well-trainable. My experience is in: News media, TV/Film production, Real Estate, Insurance and high-end espresso [[yes, I've had many varied careers). I'm looking to start a business in the spring - and I need a job until then. Ideally in one of the aforementioned fields, but I'm open to other opportunities and even temporary roles in service or retail.

Car:

Looking for an amazing used car in perfect condition for $10,000 or less that's good on gas w/ low miles.

I know this forum is an amazing resource - so if anyone has leads in any of these 3 categories.... you will be helping to bring back a Detroit expatriate successfully : )