Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

my only thing against the fancy caviar place is that it represents such a narrow percentage of what Detroit is. i dont mind that it exists, but in reality it is something that only a minute segment of the population takes part in or enjoys, and in that sense i feel that it therefore does not accurately represent detroit.

as you can tell, i am a philistine.
    Last edited by WaCoTS; December-06-13 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaCoTS View Post
    Do you put booze in your soup like Charlie Le Duff? That dude did not look healthy.

my only thing against the fancy caviar place is that it represents such a narrow percentage of what Detroit is. i dont mind that it exists, but in reality it is something that only a minute segment of the population takes part in or enjoys, and in that sense i feel that it therefore does not accurately represent detroit.

While that's a fair assessment, he also visited the Salvadorian "restaurant" inside someone's house that only those "in the know" are allowed to go there. Even for Bourdain, it seems he barely got it. I'm not sure that represents Detroit either.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    While that's a fair assessment, he also visited the Salvadorian "restaurant" inside someone's house that only those "in the know" are allowed to go there. Even for Bourdain, it seems he barely got it. I'm not sure that represents Detroit either.
    yes but most everyone loves and can afford latino cooking.

I'm not so sure his job was to represent Detroit. That type of dining is for a small minority in ANY city.

jimmyr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I don't think he was distracted by the ruins. I think many who live here are just desensitized to it.
    Nailed it. Ditto to the violent crime, e.g., "People get car jacked, robbed and murdered in every city!"

anthony listed detroit in his top 5 places to eat in the world.
    too bad i dont know what episode or special that was in, i'd like to see the clip.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4