Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Wayne County Executive - Potential 2014 Candidates

Detroit just corrected a mistake, Wanye county gets their chance next year [[the state too but that's for another day).

Starting with the knowns.

Robert Ficano

The incumbent. Under investigation but not charged with anything. The image of alot of dirt around him, but perception is not in fact the truth. Hasn't announced reelection but he hasn't resigned in the face of so many ugly incidents over the last year either.

The new Mayor has been blasting him pretty hard in his campaign, I don't think he can expect his support.

Appearantly his donations have dried up significantly. The public might be just as cold.

Bill Wild

AFAIK the only candidate to come out and explicitly state he intends to run for the job. Mayor of Westland. I know nothing about him, good or bad.

-Not much info on him.

+An unknown who might coast on the "none-of-the-above" factor for the incumbent.

Dave Bing

Suggested/joked he would run for executive. I don't know what the fuck kind of dope he's smoking but...

One term Mayor of Detroit. Terrible at it. Could not have been more incompetent if he tried.

+Media and suburban citizens have the idea he was a dignified, frustrated leader.

-He is not good at forging connections or coalitions. He is not a leader of men. He doesn't have a blinding talent of skillset.

-$But will Wayne county outside of Detroit vote for a black man for head honcho?*

* [[I think there's a chance, but if Detroit can constantly be asked that presumptuous question so can the suburbs).
    Last edited by brizee; November-06-13 at 02:19 PM.