Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

There is effectively zero correllation between state income tax rate and state unemployment rate. This goes for both personal and corporate income tax. Just throwing that out there for the "cut taxes always" crowd.

Massive spending, massive deficits, massive debt, massive unemployment. How's that Hope and Change working out for You? Just as Jenny said--You'll be blown away, Michigan!

Here are just a few of of barack's planned tax increases: Rescind the Bush tax cuts. Resultant tax increases and spectacular energy cost increases from Cap and Trade. One trillion dollar surtax on the "wealthy" to "fix "Health Care. Next we will have to pay for everyone's college and re-training. Just wait until he fixes Social Security---Isn't that coming out next week? I'm sure that won't involve any tax increases on us working folk.

Maybe barack hasn't raised taxes yet. He sure as hell will soon! Just the thought of these massive tax increases are killing this economy. Why would any small business owner invest now? His or her income will soon be decimated by barack's policies. Helluva way to stimulate an economy---tax the hell out of the very people who invest and create jobs.

Here's my plan as a small business owner: Hunker down and save for the day when barack takes my hard earned income and hope that I do not have to foreclose on my house.

Hope and Change: Change, for sure. Hope, not anytime soon with these radical policies.

point of view from a slow conservative with a high IQ and advanced degrees from the University of Michigan.
    Last edited by docmo; July-16-09 at 10:26 PM.

"Maybe barack hasn't raised taxes yet. He sure as hell will soon! Just the thought of these massive tax increases are killing this economy."

So what's your excuse for the economy tanking before he was elected President? I appreciate you acknowledging the facts, that Obama hasn't raised taxes, he's cut them. According to conservative mythology, cutting taxes should have boosted the economy. Is this proof that your side is wrong?

Conservatives are one-trick ponies: Cut Taxes! When presented with evidence to the contrary, like the fact that state income tax rates today are lower than when Engler was Governor, they don't bother to reconcile the contradiction. They just keep yelling "Cut Taxes!" It's sad to see that a U-M education went to waste on you.
    Last edited by Novine; July-16-09 at 11:42 PM.