A few points:

1. While I've written that the court will find Detroit eligible for bankruptcy, it is not clear that a plan will be proposed that reduces accrued pension benefits. Remember that health care, COLAs or 13th checks are not accrued benefits. Nor are the benefits to unvested [[under 8 or 10 years, depending on the group) employees. Nor is there a constitutional right not to have your pension frozen.

2. I'm guessing that the AG has taken the position that accrued pension benefits can't be reduced in bankruptcy because the state thinks they may be on the hook for them. As noted by me and others, if that's true, it will likely be in the form of state takeover of all state pensions.

3. The city has, through its plan, the unequivocal right to pay for operations [[police, fire, etc.) before paying any other creditor.

4. Judge Rhodes foreshadowed his opinion of Sec 24 of the Michigan Constitution by asking, "How can [the state] promise that, if they can't print money?" Ultimately, however, the interpretation of the Michigan Constitution is likely in the hands of a Michigan court.