Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I can't believe he will find many buyers. Who wants to spend that kind of money for a house in Michigan! Lake St. Clair is pretty much a dump too. Seriously, that is over the top. He should have just bought a simple 3-4 million dollar house and be done with it but of course he wants to show everyone he's a peddler of crappy furniture. I wonder if he even has Art Van furniture in his house.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Worst job I ever had was working for a "mom and pop". Mom would scoop up money out of the register to go shopping and pop would look in the register and say he couldn't pay me much that week.
    I don't generally agree with Hermrod but the worst jobs are mom and pop. You get no benefits, make low wages, while Mom and Pop both have BMW's and live in a 500k house and hardly pay any taxes because they tell the IRS they are making 30k a year and the rest of the money goes into safe. At least with big corporations they tend to play by rules and you will probably get some benefits and have a chance to move up depending on your skills and ability to work.

Ive been in the house several times,, Certainly not my taste but too each their own, and after all, they signed the check,, I really only like the lower/pool/casual sitting area and some of the grounds but thats it. Mr. Van hasnt lived there for several years as they are separated, he is out in Bloomfield.. Mrs. Van has lived there alone with several children overseeing things.. The house is probably just too big for her needs now that she is approaching 80s.

A very good portion of the house furniture has Art Van furniture in it,, some special ordered ofcourse

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I can't believe he will find many buyers. Who wants to spend that kind of money for a house in Michigan! Lake St. Clair is pretty much a dump too. Seriously, that is over the top. He should have just bought a simple 3-4 million dollar house and be done with it but of course he wants to show everyone he's a peddler of crappy furniture. I wonder if he even has Art Van furniture in his house.
    If you lived on LSC I doubt you would refer to it as a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    I wonder if the house is furnished with Art Van furniture.
    Let me Google that for you...

Lake St. Clair a dump?? When was the last time you were on the lake? I would love to see evidence that the lake is a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Lake St. Clair a dump?? When was the last time you were on the lake? I would love to see evidence that the lake is a dump.
    The lake is littered with e coli and all the pollution from chemical valley in Sarnia flows down. Not to mention this huge storm drain along 10 miles that empties into Lake St. Clair. I would never go into that water or eat fish from there.

I don't generally agree with Hermrod but the worst jobs are mom and pop. You get no benefits, make low wages, while Mom and Pop both have BMW's and live in a 500k house and hardly pay any taxes because they tell the IRS they are making 30k a year and the rest of the money goes into safe. At least with big corporations they tend to play by rules and you will probably get some benefits and have a chance to move up depending on your skills and ability to work.
    That's a reasonably short sighted picture of mom & pops cliffy. What is a mom & pop in 2013? A small business? What were mom & pops over the years? How many people got an introduction to the working world through a mom & pop? I'm reasonably certain that a large number of people learned a lot and possibly got a good start in life working for a mom & pop business. There have been millions of them and I'm sure that all of them don't fit the description you're tossing out there. Big corporations? I guess whatever your preference is.

The lake is littered with e coli and all the pollution from chemical valley in Sarnia flows down. Not to mention this huge storm drain along 10 miles that empties into Lake St. Clair. I would never go into that water or eat fish from there.
    That's nice... the ocean too is one massive dumping ground, as well as run-off for lake water... and yet people still love oceanside property to build mansions along, and go boating in. You can still enjoy the enviable view without romping in it...

So being the number one lake for Musky fishing in the world tells us the lake is a dump, how [[your uninformed opinion is not real evidence)? Bass and walleye fishing are quite good also. There is a cottage industry for anglers that did not exist 15 ish years ago. If the lake was that bad how would they make a living? I am very fortunate, I have been able to sail on to many lakes to count all over the world and our lake is a fantastic resource. And by the way I swam in the lake at least 30 times this year and spent of 80 days on the water [[ something I have been doing for over 35 years) and I did not and have never had any problems from the water. Last if I remember correctly the lake flushes itself every few days. Time to get out and take a real look at Lake St. Clair.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; October-25-13 at 11:02 PM.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/detriot/...130959317.html

http://www.stclaircounty.org/offices...ilmsTumor.aspx

Such a great place to live on and eat fish from. I can't wait to eat all those tasty clean fish when all this shit flows through here

http://www.vice.com/read/a-toxic-tou...hemical-valley

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/detriot/...130959317.html

http://www.stclaircounty.org/offices...ilmsTumor.aspx

Such a great place to live on and eat fish from. I can't wait to eat all those tasty clean fish when all this shit flows through here

http://www.vice.com/read/a-toxic-tou...hemical-valley
    Interesting all on the St. Clair River not one article on on Lake St, Clair where many catch and eat the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Interesting all on the St. Clair River not one article on on Lake St, Clair where many catch and eat the fish.
    http://www.lakescientist.com/2011/mi...sh-samples-127

What about the perch, walleye, pikes and other game fish that are consumed by many? Oh by the way every lake I know of with stagnant inlets has that problem but its not a probolem where there is current which is not mentioned in the article. Lake St. Clair has a very good current running through it.

Did you actually read those links you posted?http://www.lakescientist.com/2011/mi...sh-samples-127

Go to....Eat Safe Fish, on that link.

Don't eat carp. There's a real eye opener. Stay away from catfish. Do you fish? Essentially, don't eat bottom feeders. Why you would eat carp from anywhere is a mystery to me. It states, do not eat any fish from Lange and Revere canals. It also gives you specifics on a large number of good gamefish that are safe to eat.

To Cliffy

In my humble opinion that is a tacky mansion , it looks like it belongs in Vegas or the burbs of LA . No would will complain 15 years from now when it's time to tear that thing down .
    and who's going to buy that ? But it shouldn't be to much of a shock , look how he dresses ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KJ5 View Post
    A thread fishing for high-brow trolling? Well I'm going the other way - if I was obscenely wealthy I would build a mansion that looks like a giant sea green trailer in Grosse Pointe, pink flamingos on the front lawn and all. Kid Rock, if you're reading, please do this for real.
    Had to laugh at this one KJ5!

But seriously, even as a self described serious fan of architecture but without the knowledge base to match, isn't it quite common for someone of ordinary means who made there own fortune to want to build something to match.

What is considered acceptable or unacceptable varies in the eye of the beholder. I also have never understood this absolute hatred of the 'McMansion' and what I believe to be the unspoken utter contempt of the inhabitants of whom the commentator has never made acquaintance.

Not only that but I own 4 pieces of Lazy-Boy furniture I bought at Art Van and I love it [[no, not all recliners, just one). I have to admit when I first walked in the store I expected a lot of cheap crap but was actually impressed by a lot of the items. You go Mr. VanEslander!

Jesus H. Jones, he's not Mahatma Ghandi. He got rich selling crappy furniture and built an awful house in a poor attempt to ape east coast gentry. Now he's banging out some broad on the other side of town with what I assume is a lifetime supply of little blue pills. Par for the course for that neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Jesus H. Jones, he's not Mahatma Ghandi. He got rich selling crappy furniture and built an awful house in a poor attempt to ape east coast gentry. Now he's banging out some broad on the other side of town with what I assume is a lifetime supply of little blue pills. Par for the course for that neighborhood.
    You have always had a command of the English language with all the subtlety of an elephant's prick..... hehehe...

And for what it's worth... he did sell some higher quality furniture that had more than the paper thin veneer one would find in the crappy furniture at the Bombay Company... but like everything... you get what you pay for.... cheaper prices also usually mean cheaper quality.

Do a lot of posters here live in better houses? How about locations?

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I don't live in a Best Western in 1991 so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Hey! Leave us out of this. We're trying to make fun of somebody else's house!

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    I don't live in a Best Western in 1991 so yes.
    Post pictures and a neighborhood to be fair. Can you get even 1/6 of what they're asking for this house?

Aren't you the poster constantly crying about the city but apparently stuck here and unable to move?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast