Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    The one at Fort and Green is still open, although I have noticed lately that their opening hours have gotten shorter.
    It is indeed still there. On Fort, right across Green from the old 4th Precinct [[did you work there Ray?). It's now named as "Motz", and does have relatively short hours, but the burgers are really good. It's my #1 slider place in the city.

I remember the old Fort and Livernois Mott's. I always thought it was weird that they were so close together. We used to go there and pickup a bag of burgers then go down to Riverside Park at the foot of the Blvd. under the bridge and hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    The Grosse Pointe Historical Society has a set of the original plans for the White Tower at 15009 E. Jefferson. I have been looking for a photo of the building. Also in the archives are a set of plans for the Toddle House that was located at 15412 E. Jefferson.
    I remember eating in that Toddle House many times too, with my mother and my grandmother. And the Toddle House in the shadow of the Hecker Mansion [[then Smiley Bros. piano) on Woodward, which was a regular stop when my mother was working at WSU and the DIA.

I been havin’ cramps seems like forever so I finally went to the doctor about a year ago. Took an X-ray and found a complete undigested White Tower burger in my gut, must have been there for like 40 years!

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    It is indeed still there. On Fort, right across Green from the old 4th Precinct [[did you work there Ray?).
    Sure did. Place was called "F troop" by many. But I had my daily burger from the Motts on that corner. Amazed that I'm still alive, sixty years after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sure did. Place was called "F troop" by many. But I had my daily burger from the Motts on that corner. Amazed that I'm still alive, sixty years after the fact.
    I thought that might be true. I remember that you patrolled the old Western Market, but I wasn't sure what precinct that was in. I had an uncle who worked there briefly [[in the '50s, before your time I think), but he spent most of his short police career on the east side. He left the department young to go sell spark plugs for a living. Still liked those burgers though. Glad they did not adversely affect your remarkable longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sure did. Place was called "F troop" by many.
    So, we can start calling you Agarn?

Ate many times at the Toddle House on Jefferson Ave. in GPP, usually in black-tie very late at night after some big party or event. The counter would be full of guys in black-tie, but not too many women. I'm talking after 2:00 a.m. or later. And I mean the original Toddle House with about 8-10 stools.

Don’t know how you can go to Motz or any of those places and eat a burger as in singular. I’m not a huge eater anymore but I have two at least. Although I thought the last time I was at Motz I noticed some fu fu type burgers on the menu.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3