With a Starbucks opening up next to Campus Martius, I think it would be a fun time to debate what company in Detroit serves the best cup.

Obviously, there are the obvious hipster choices: Great Lakes Coffee, Astro Coffee, Germack Coffee, and Cafe Con Leche. Of course, the more underground hipster types may prefer The Bottom Line or Broadway 1515.

Then there's the chains: Biggby, Starbucks, and Tim Hortons.

Hamtramck has two gems in Cafe 1923 and Courage Coffee.

The Downtown crowd might be more familiar with Urban Bean Co, The Bean Bar, Roasting Plant, Rowland Coffee, or Stella Cafe.

I'm sure some old school Detroiters still swear by Telway, Motz, or some other local joint.

Still, no matter what way you look at it, it's undeniable that the coffee scene in Detroit is borderline out of control. I suppose we have to fight the overcast skies and short winter days however we can, and coffee sure is a good weapon in the arsenal.

For my money, I'll go with Cafe 1923. It might not be the most potent coffee or freshly dripped or what have you, but they offer a couple good brews at great prices. And if you're looking for a chill atmosphere, the ambiance can't be beat.

So let's hear it. And try not to spill any coffee!