Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Welcome to the board Tig3rzhark. As a freak-speaker, I'm going to guess you're somewhat young, under 30 perhaps. Nothing wrong there. We've all been young.

But it does seem that your rant, which I enjoyed, is informed by what, for the lack of a better word, I'm going to call "mythology." That, hey, we all want to work together, but the opponents of regionalism are in the city -- and they need to understand that that's not acceptable.

Well, it's partly true, but look at how you're positioning yourself. Are you asking any questions? Are you looking for somebody to help you understand why this is the case? If you were really looking for an enlightening discussion, why would you charge in here, post that the enemies of regionalism are in Detroit, and then gloss over the suburban cohort of that?

Yes, we need more regionalism. But it isn't done by taunting people in the city about their [[historically, as others have pointed out, quite understandable) distrust. It's done through dialogue. Try asking questions. You might learn a thing or two from the people who post here.
    I read nothing in Tiger's posting that could be construed as a rant. His comments were not of a taunting nature. His post was quite good, actually. Much better than those in the sustainability threads.

I mean "rant" in the most loving sense of the word.