Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
Another DPD restructuring! I bet it'll really work this time!

And yes, it's important that he's getting the bills paid on time again, but it kind of says it all this his #1 priority is ensuring that the big players are getting their money ASAP.

Orr told us we'd see streetlights turned back in Detroit. That the traffic lights would all work again. That parks would get mowed. Etc. But somehow that's taking longer. But hey, 99% of the bills are now paid within 30 days!!!
[/COLOR]
Well, I would say that the "paying bills within 30 days" is a prerequisite before "everything else". If no one thinks you're going to pay your bills, then I'd say everything else comes to a screeching halt.

I do agree that he needs more manpower in an executive handling the city operation so he can deal with the finances. But anyone who thinks results will be instant is delusional. Detroit is so broken that you will likely need 18-24 months of total revamping of operations before you really see that much difference at the ground.

So rather than sitting at the ground and wondering when things are going to change, look at the inner workings and figure out if he is -- or if he isn't -- making the right changes to bring that about.