Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Hot Incident @Chase Tower 10/18/2013

Woke this morning slowly, thanks Tigers, and heard the story UNdevelope on WDET about an incident at Gilbert's hub...the place where he reportedly has that extensive video surveillance room in one of the old vaults.

First it was a traffic advisory against heading to Woodward, since there was a FIRE in one of the upper floors in the building.

Over a period of a half hour, it seems they were advised to say SMALL fire...and later we heard an even more trite descriptor. Seems Gilbert's PR team got to work early, putting any further fire in the media out. Uh-huh.

I don't think he wants it common knowledge that he's escaped a TON of city oversight with the rush of building acquisition and renovation...according to a report from someone who worked in the CAY when his splurge began, who saw their bosses fretting and fuming that he wasn't pulling permits for any of his new holdings.

So, based upon THAT knowledge, which should be easy enough to substantiate for those who wish to investigate, I'm wondering how much of Gilbert's portfolio is now a potential fire hazard. I'd like to know if his offices are up to code, and if any fire officials were able to fully investigate the properties before they were given Occupancy Permits, IF they ever were.

I'm NOT making accusations here, I'm asking questions based upon new knowledge. Knowing he got a green light to renovate all of his buildings without that pesky and pricey permitting process is enough to understand why he was one of the big givers to Kwhyme's administration even after it was obvious that fat cat was the most corrupt city leader ever. One wonders how Bing was 'reached' to insure this secret deal was secure...only time will tell.

We've got too much history in this town with catastrophic fires...

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; October-18-13 at 06:55 AM.