Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

"All the delays we have at the bridge NOW are due to hold ups with customs and with the lack of highway access on the Windsor side. The logical thing to do would be to build out that highway..."

Just curious as to whether this is a post from the Windsor side, or from yet another American who knows what's best for the silly Canadians on the other side of the bridge...

It used to be that building a bridge required an agreement between the two opposite sides, but Maroun's stooges seem to support the neocolonialist "just let the monopolist lying bully shove the bridge where he wants it" approach.

To follow the logic of Maroun's stooges, using some of Maroun's stooges as an example:

"Just let the Kilpatricks run the city, they have money, lots of political experience and it's really expensive to keep changing mayors with this lousy economy".

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    "All the delays we have at the bridge NOW are due to hold ups with customs and with the lack of highway access on the Windsor side. The logical thing to do would be to build out that highway..."

Just curious as to whether this is a post from the Windsor side, or from yet another American who knows what's best for the silly Canadians on the other side of the bridge...

It used to be that building a bridge required an agreement between the two opposite sides, but Maroun's stooges seem to support the neocolonialist "just let the monopolist lying bully shove the bridge where he wants it" approach.
    See, here we go again. it's not about whether the DRIC makes financial sense. It's all about "Moroun is evil."

There's ALREADY a bridge that is now well-connected on the US side. It's been there for 80 years. I didn't claim to know what's best for the "silly Canadians." I just said it's the *logical* thing to do to fix the access problem on the other side, rather then spend billions, displace hundreds of poor people, shut down businesses, and screw up I-75 for another 5 years. Not to mention the enormous totally new highway that will need to be built to the DRIC in Canada. And once the lack of sufficient traffic causes the DRIC to go into the red in 5 or 10 years it'll need subsidies to keep it afloat....more tax money down the drain.

I'll tell you right now. At this point I don't give a shit if MM ever builds his second span. I just don't want to see money wasted on the DRIC when we simply DO NOT NEED IT. If anything some of that money would be better spent fighting MM in court to fix all the problems he's already caused, problems which as I mentioned in a previous post aren't simply going to magically go away if/when the DRIC opens. The DRIC isn't going to save 23rd St, nor is it going to magically undo MM's unilateral changes to the gateway project design.

And for the Canadians: the DRIC isn't going to make the Ambassador Bridge go away either. You're still going to have those nasty trucks on surface streets, and I'll bet you the AB will undercut the DRIC's fares by enough to make sure it gets more traffic.

In the last 6 months of the bridge debate, I have heard one good reason for building the DRIC bridge and that came from someone who has not posted much lately. Other than that, I have to side with Funaho. Why spend a few billion dollars on a bridge and then get taxed to death cause we don't have the funds in the first place if someone else already has the funds?

"Moroun is evil". There I've said it again. As far as I'm concerned that is all the reason I need to oppose him in anything he might do. "Moroun is evil" Do you not read the papers and listen to the radio? Morroun has no regards for any individual or community. He's a typical 'Robber Baron'. So, go ahead and make your points and I'll make mine. If you don't like or agree with mine, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    "Moroun is evil". There I've said it again. As far as I'm concerned that is all the reason I need to oppose him in anything he might do. "Moroun is evil" Do you not read the papers and listen to the radio? Morroun has no regards for any individual or community. He's a typical 'Robber Baron'. So, go ahead and make your points and I'll make mine. If you don't like or agree with mine, okay.

You don't have a point, you have an opinion.

Okay, you win. I concede. It's an opointonion. Do you feel better now? Maybe you and CcBats can go at it. That might be fun. You and Bats arguing about where the period and commas go and why using one would make you a fascist and using the other would make you a fundamentalist.