Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Concord was blocked off because scrappers caused a wall of the plant to collapse.

Say hello to the pricks that do not care about the city they live in or the others they share it with.

Attachment 21697

Photos courtesy of MCM,more here along with the story.

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2013/1...packard-plant/
    I've spent a lot of time in Africa, that looks like Africa.

Website is great though, the Woodward/Vernor picture is pretty damn sad though.
    Last edited by Lombaowski; March-26-18 at 11:35 PM.

And then there's the Hastings St. Opera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHKuB4NdTSU

[[With historical comment by our old friend Marsha)

The OP's question is very old - posted a few years back.

There's some real Detroit history and architecture around Hastings Street. It's the New Center area.

I used to explore the area on foot or on my bike. It's just east of Woodward Avenue, west of I-94 and south of East Grand Boulevard. There's two Fisher plants, the Ford Model T museum and a bigger building [[on Piquette at John R) that burned down.

I don't know if the OP ever found the information he sought.

The New Center Stamping plant [[corner of Hastings Street and East Milwaukee Avenue at the overhead railway) was re-named Detroit New Stamping when it was used as a location in the Eminem movie '8 Mile Road'.

Apparently the owners of New Center Stamping were pleased with all the attention they received when filming was taking place.
    Last edited by night-timer; March-29-18 at 01:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2