Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
    Signage is up for the 7-11 at Jefferson and Chene in the strip mall.
    The hell with the coffee - How are their prices on 40's? Hope they're competitive with the Arabs.

Did you notice the 6th comment in the article - Papa Joe's is no longer opening downtown, plans cancelled? Can anyone verify?

The one on Jefferson is OPEN :-)

The 7-11 planned for Cadillac Square is under active construction [[windows removed recently, replaced by construction plywood). The First National Building space for Papa Joe's is not under active construction, no sign of life there.

Early 2000's the 7-11 on East Warren and Cadieux area was still open.

Also, Papa Joe's has been stalled, but with such a large media following, I bet Gilbert "makes" it happen. It would be a shame for Papa Joe's not to follow thru with their commitment.

Papa Joes owners probably saw the red tape the city put up that businesses have to go through. They had a change of heart and said forget it.

Great to hear that it will be 24/7

There's a 7-11 on the corner of Greenfield and Rotunda in Dearborn and on the corner of Telegraph and Joy Rd. Both have been there for some time. Maybe not convenient for downtown/east side folk to get to but it's refreshing news to hear they are returning to the city.

There was a combo 7-11/Citgo gas station on Greenfield just north of Ford Rd., also in Dearborn, but it closed in 2013?? It hadn't been opened very long [[maybe two years?). Before that it was a Clark station.

Where are the 7-11?

You see any?

hmm.. I'll have to check it out and see what they have to offer in the way of snacks. I hope there's good coffee and doughnuts.

Went there early this morning, still reeling from whiskey and women. Got a cup of decent coffee for $1.06. Cashier was friendly. Store was clean and pleasant, despite my state. No ghetto glass.

Oddly enough there's a DPD police "desk" which was unstaffed - with a sign that said 'not always staffed' or something of the sort. Only in Detroit!

Oddly enough there's a DPD police "desk" which was unstaffed - with a sign that said 'not always staffed' or something of the sort. Only in Detroit![/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny. You should have asked the clerk what hours they're there just to see if he'd tell you.

Re: the new store on Jefferson/Chene: tried it today- it's a nice enough place. As long as its cold outside, I'll be trying the coffee and no slurpees until hot weather. Anybody know if their donuts are made with eggs? [[allergies)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Re: the new store on Jefferson/Chene: tried it today- it's a nice enough place. As long as its cold outside, I'll be trying the coffee and no slurpees until hot weather. Anybody know if their donuts are made with eggs? [[allergies)
    I believe 7-11 uses only the finest organic ingredients in their doughnuts, hot dogs, slurpees, and "rolled" tacos to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3