Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

When I 1st started seeing the new White plates, I thought they were Ontario plates. Took me a few weeks to realize we are not being invaded by Canadians, but that there is a new Michigan plate.

Quote Originally Posted by ImHere View Post
    When I 1st started seeing the new White plates, I thought they were Ontario plates. Took me a few weeks to realize we are not being invaded by Canadians, but that there is a new Michigan plate.
    I am constantly mixing up those new white Michigan plates for Ontario plates. I would bet that others have the same confusion too. Perhaps they were designed by folks from another part of the state where they don't have so many 'foreign invaders.'

I still have my copy of ol' blue [[reconfigured into a hat rack), and of the the glorious 1976 bicentennial plate that once graced my 1967 Ford pickup. Unlike that gaudy and pretty ugly new bridge plate, it managed to be colorful and distinctive while still maintaining simplicity and readability.

For my Dad's 80th birthday a few years back now, I was able to get him a copy of the wonderfully straight-forward 1925 Michigan plate in celebration of his birth place and year.

Last edited by EastsideAl; October-02-13 at 11:51 AM.