Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Even if so, DAC is a private club. You can't walk in there off of the street and get a membership.
    DAC is 24/7, but yes, it is also a private club. By the way, I called...no pool at this Anytime Fitness location!

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    DAC is 24/7, but yes, it is also a private club. By the way, I called...no pool at this Anytime Fitness location!
    That's what I thought, that it was 24/7. The Free Press article stating that Anytime Fitness would be the only 24 hour gym specifically mentioned DAC as an establishment that wasn't.

And to the prior poster, I never suggested building more structures. I would love if there was another locating in Midtown, I would walk to it [[they have exclusive rights for the franchise in more locations including Midtown and is a topic they may revist in the future depending on the downtown's success). All I suggested is they try to strike a deal with a nearby structure to provide some sort of parking deal for those who are outside this zone, ala Boll Family YMCA does with Olympia and with Opera House. I know many people who live near by [[Brush Park, New Center, Midtown) who would join with this option.

And yes Gilbert may give up spots if they had restrictions to them, as Olympia and Opera House do. If these garages are filled primarily by 9-5ers, than he could sell passes only valid from say 7PM-6AM. There would be a market for this, as the people predominately purchasing would be those who do not work close by to walk there, and peak gym hours are right after the end of the work day. Gilbert makes more money, Anytime Fitness can attract more customers.

I don't know for sure the peak hours of his garage, it is only speculation. But it is something he could easily figure out.