Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    You can't tell or taste any of those preservatives and they are no more harmful than the high fat and sugar content [[actually much less so).
    ...and save you money on embalming fluids!

ccbatson Guest

Do you think a company would be stupid enough to put something known to be harmful and taste bad in ice cream they hope to sell in a competitive field of other producers?

Yeppers!

But I disagree with you on many things.

ccbatson Guest

What would be the consequences of such a decision in a competitive field and free market forces working properly?

Wonderbread!

ccbatson Guest

From a personal perspective...you have a bowl of more expensive ice cream that tastes like formaldehyde and made you vomit the last time you ate it next to a bowl of cheaper, better tasting ice cream that never made you feel anything but happy...which do you buy? On a largter scale, others like you faced with the same choice vote with their dollars and before too long, Formaldehyde Farms is out of business....Unless, of course, Reverand Wright's brother in law owns the company and suddenly his competitors are audited and he gets a bailout check.

So which do you prefer? Real ice cream or frozen concoctions of chemicals?

p.s. I make my own ice cream, it's a pain at times, but where else can you get ice cream made from beer?

ccbatson Guest

I judge by taste, cost, convenience [[IOW merit) not by methodology or ingredients that impart no positive or negative characteristics. I am not an ice cream racist bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    I judge by taste, cost, convenience [[IOW merit) not by methodology or ingredients that impart no positive or negative characteristics. I am not an ice cream racist bigot.
    That's a complicated way to say that you're proud of having low standards.

. I am not an ice cream racist bigot.
    So, you buy vanilla AND CHOCOLATE! How magnamous you are.

Bet he doesn't get 'em in the same BOX, though.

Neopolitan is surely out of the question, too.

Ravine Guest

Isn't Magnamous one of the Transformers?

Ravine, I think you are refering to a masked Mexican wrestler.

Or a Super Hero that does battle with Captain America

That was the mouse Andy Kaufman sang of during one of his famous sing-along skits..."here he comes to save the day"?!

MagnaMous?

Mighty's steroid enhanced cousin from East Germany. Used to put shot for the lady's team? That one?

ccbatson Guest

Low standards? Taste/quality/freshness/cost are the highest possible standards for an ice cream consumer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2