Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Benny can look at this as the day his campaign died.
    Yup. This, coupled with the violent felon who literally walked out of the front door of Benny's jail earlier this year, should be the last nail in the coffin from a candidate who's sole qualification is his law enforcement background. But, fo course, this is Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by marshamusic View Post
    Yup, for sure.

Gannon, I'm surprised that you of ALL people didn't hear that high hum of a police helicopter and those vehicles all over the place.
    Heh.

I heard about the manhunt while pulling up to the parking lot at the south side of Eastern Market on WDET. At that time, which was probably 8:30 or so, everything was as I reported.

I didn't see a single flashing light, hear a single siren, or see anything flying in the air...either law or news.

THAT is why I started this thread...I was a half-mile from all of this and noticed nothing amiss other that a bit of increased traffic on Gratiot!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Heh.

I heard about the manhunt while pulling up to the parking lot at the south side of Eastern Market on WDET. At that time, which was probably 8:30 or so, everything was as I reported.

I didn't see a single flashing light, hear a single siren, or see anything flying in the air...either law or news.

THAT is why I started this thread...I was a half-mile from all of this and noticed nothing amiss other that a bit of increased traffic on Gratiot!

Cheers
    Sometimes it's kinda hard to hear and see things through a fog...... Ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Sometimes it's kinda hard to hear and see things through a fog...... Ya know?
    Then it was a mass-hallucination, since not a one of us through Zeff's saw a thing...it was the topic of our breakfast conversation.

I opened it with, "Hey did'j'all hear they're searching for someone out of Frank Murphy? No, it's not me."

I am unaware of anyone who was sharing my same 'fog', as you so eloquently describe it!

Quote Originally Posted by marshamusic View Post
    He fled out of the court area across 75 to the area of Lafayette Park, where he was seen, then easterly down Lafayette/Larned. This area was - for all practical purposes - under siege, with all the police excitement you'd ever want to see, and some you didn't want to see, for sure. Some of the L.P. residents were frightened out of their wits, not knowing what was going on. This was south of where you were.
    I was moving into an apartment in Lafayette Park that day. They asked us to keep the doors shut at the loading dock because a fugitive was on the loose. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2