Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Not Much of a Manhunt 09/09/2013

I was parked across from Russell Street Deli/Zeff's this morning, and caught news of the escaped prisoner from Frank Murphy Hell of Justice on WDET. I'd just driven from downtown on I-375 to the Gratiot exit, which I never do...but had the 'urge' this morning to not stop at stoplights before breakfast, and that was the only legal way to do it.

Along the way, I saw NOTHING amiss...other than a bit of traffic on Gratiot heading into the concrete canyons. Not a siren. Not a flashing light. Not a helicopter. Nothing.

I sat in my car a bit before heading in for a plate...looking around and expecting at least a drive-by. Nothing.

Still news...guy remains on the loose...deputy supposedly kidnapped, another injured [[I say this because I only heard it on the radio on the drive to Southfield). No sirens. No flashing lights. NO helicopters, news or otherwise. Nothing.

I drove back by on the freeway entrance towards I-75 on the way to 96...and saw not a single police action.

I don't get it. Is this the most low-key manhunt possible?

Did Bob Bashara pay someone to raise a ruckus so he could sneak out of his hearing?!
    Last edited by Gannon; September-09-13 at 10:26 AM.