Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Eber Brock Ward View Post
    They're also in the middle of nowhere.

Most of these YPs aren't moving to even nice neighborhoods like University District or Sherwood Forest because they're so far away from all the action. Same thing with moving to far-flung neighborhoods in Chciago/NY.
    False.

I can't keep track of how many yuppie acquaintances I know that are moving to Bed-Stuy, Prospect Heights, etc. The pace is absolutely frenetic, and it mainly has to do with the fact that those neighborhoods, despite being off the beaten path [[well, according to Manhattanites), are still fairly accessible. This is a particular issue that Detroit will continuously face until a more robust public transit network is present. On the same side, though, a considerably high number of yuppies [[mostly with little desire to get their hands dirty in this ratrace) are nesting into the UWS/UES/TriBeCa in preparation to whittle away at their trust fund.

Hell, this little thing called Third Ward opened up a few years back in East Williamsburg before anything even existed out there. It's now one of the hottest maker-oriented coworking spaces in the entire city.

It's funny: very few people have told me that NYC is short on opportunity; sadly, most of them have been Detroiters. That's not hyperbole, and it's really quite confusing.
    Last edited by michimoby; September-12-13 at 12:16 PM.