Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

48009 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    I've never done that. I don't know anyone who has, unless they were BEST friends. I look at my peers on Facebook who live in Chicago or NY and think to myself, "That's nice." And remember they are paying $1500 for a box in Brooklyn or Chicago, most likely out of their daddy's wallet.

I don't find this area a death trap at all. Michigan has plenty of things to do, as does Detroit and even the region proper. As long as I'm with my friends, most of whom have jobs and are happy here, I'm all set. And of course my family.

My generation is going to grow up and move to the suburbs. Some will stay in the city, but most, when they have kids and need room for their schitt, are gonna wanna large garage.
    Why does everyone have to be so dramatic when describing the housing stock of other major cities or acts like everyone that moves to NYC or Chicago is working some "crap" job? It's pathetic. My friends back in Chicago make $100k to $40k. Nobody moves there to live on skid row. And $1500 for a box? Hardly. And said "box" is in a building and neighborhood that's STABLE, full of college educated 20-somethings, with cops on every corner. Not in a city with hundreds of thousands of illiterate people walking around, in pretend smoke & mirror "hip" neighborhoods like corktown and midtown. It costs more to live in DESIRABLE areas. This is apparently a concept some of you continue to struggle with.
    Last edited by 48009; September-10-13 at 09:33 PM.