Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

August 18, 2017 update: Crain's is reporting that asbestos abatement has begun on the Moose Lodge. Perhaps the opening of the nearby DTE's Beacon Park is motivational?

Is long-vacant Moose Lodge building inching toward renovation?
    "A document that the Ilitch family's Olympia Development of Michigan filed with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality last week shows some asbestos cleanup is scheduled to take place over a few days next week, with Detroit-based Qualified Abatement Services Inc. as the contractor.

"In addition, there has been parking lot work around the building at Cass Avenue and Elizabeth Street across from Bookie's Bar and Grill recently, as well as some painting done on plywood on window coverings.

"Seems to me that historic renovation is in the works. But Olympia is remaining mum to me about any details of a renovation."

As I posted in another thread [[have no idea which one) but I was told when I was in Detroit late June, that the city has implemented or been enforcing or whatever is the proper term, regulations for parking lots in that area.

I understand that the lots have to be asphalt and have landscaping.

I truly hope this is for renovation and not for demolition, because asbestos abatement can be used for both. I won't hold my breath for renovation.

It seems like pretty wild speculation from Crain's, though I hope its well founded.

Anyone have pics of the inside of the Moose Lodge? I can't seem to find any anywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2