Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Yesterday I was driving down Fort St. near the scrapyard on the western edge of the city. I saw two very dirty men carrying what were obviously sawed off pieces of copper pipe on the way there. I was seriously tempted to stop the car but I wisely did not. These people are the absolute worst.

I feel like the city should post an armed guard on each side of this building with orders to shoot trespassers.
    Last edited by 1953; August-29-13 at 01:09 PM.

The complex should be renovated and converted into apartments for the homeless.

Otherwise, let the scrapping begin.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    I feel like the city should post an armed guard on each side of this building with orders to shoot trespassers.
    Officer,it was the darnest thing I ever saw,when we caught the scrappers they got scared and ran up to the roof and jumped off.

I liked the news casters terminology in charging scrappers with "Detroit treason".

Anyways,in the link provided by Lowell,next to the PD payroll office,what are the two vehicles?

One rusty yellow looking and an odd white one parked next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ... Anyways,in the link provided by Lowell,next to the PD payroll office,what are the two vehicles?

One rusty yellow looking and an odd white one parked next to each other.
    Good question. They're large. The yellow one looks like a dump truck. I'd guess the white one is a street sweeper or a garbage truck. It looks too clean though.

On the agenda for the Detroit Historic District Commission meeting tomorrow is:

"6:05 1151 Taylor [[Herman Kiefer Hospital)-Herman Kiefer Hospital HD-Deconstruct building interior"

What does this mean, salvage select materials before they completely vacate the building?

Info is from their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/DetroitHist...ocation=stream