http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2013308270060

Along with being just terribly sad, to me, this just screams every that is wrong with this region:

The authorities refused to get involved, inexplicably. We pay for an awful lot of things around here that don't actually appear to serve any purpose. Like the Detroit Police Department, Detroit Public Schools, and Michigan Legislature, to name a few.

The suburbanites who own the cat did not get it chipped or collared. I can tell you that my very conventional dog has both. If I owned something that could be mistaken for a wildcat, I'd probably get right on that. We have more than our fair share of freaking idiots around here.

The predictable reaction of a Detroiter is to shoot first, ask questions later. Like when someone gives you a dirty look. Like when someone disrespects you. Like with everything.

Then people explode about random nonsense about caring about an animal more than humans. I would feel bad about both, but I'm just too tired to care anymore.

I can't help but want to scream when people say they like living in this region because of how nice the people are. Guess they haven't had their pets blown away yet.