Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thank you also CP, I came close to crying at your kind words.There are many posters I know personally and many I don't, whose wit and wisdom I enjoy. I love it most when people make me laugh.

Honestly, I have few bad experiences in the city:I'll list the negatives in the past 17 yrs first for the trolls.

97 Taurus, someone jacked the lock, 97 Taurus got a hit and run incident, 97 Taurus parked on street, hit and run again. 93 Spirit, someone jacked a lock, recently hit by a drunk driver, Two buck bobby likes to put nails in my tires. Got two tickets from city, one we didn't pull in our courville container quickly enough, we went out of town briefly for a family emergency. This ridiculous inoperable vehicle citation. All in all not very scary stuff

Oops forgot that police don't come for scavenger reports.

My pluses, great neighbors both in EEV and now Islandview. Great police response [[other than salvagers) Ron had a seizure and they were here in minutes. Can walk my neighborhood in simple peace. Pretty groomed streets because neighbors do this. We maintain small areas of urban prairie cause we like the pheasants. I could go on but this is boring stuff, someone who actually likes city living. Close to Belle Isle, Eastern Market, Downtown, Cultural Center and events.

a blight ticket is $1000???

wow! i had no idea.

next time you go to court building, ask to see a supervisor.
    dont take no shit from the dumbazz at the window.

write down what the supervisor says while hes saying it.
    tell him you'll show it to the judge.
    bet you get your ticket fixed ... real quick.

maybe go to the cop station that wrote your ticket? talk to the person who wrote the ticket? show him your working car? maybe it works then? or maybe they write a new ticket for non-functioning or damaged bumper haha.

good luck

My "trial" is now set for Oct. 22. I am not sure about the $$ amount but it is no less Then $500, possibly, a $1,000, if found guilty. The whole thing is just so bogus as we use our car almost daily. Of course since that ticket was issued we mentioned ours was nailed by a drunk driver and really looks that picture now. We put on tires had a bit of body work done, put in a new radiator, still runs champion. Sigh.

I've never met anyone online or in person with such bad luck. Is there a rain cloud permanently over your house?

I guess Joe Bltzfk, maybe? Actually, I do know people with way worse luck. Especially with cars. Misery loves company on occasion.

Actually I have been very lucky, we do seem to attract odd things but the good things, really do make up for all those stressful and sometimes very bad things.

People have called me a whiny bitch or a Detroit Pom Pom girl over the years on this forum. No doubt the truth is somewhere in the middle. I stopped posting for close to two years cause the trolls were eating me alive.

I just try to be honest. I log my experiences good and bad. I am not the type to do blogs, so I share some, not all experiences, on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I've never met anyone online or in person with such bad luck. Is there a rain cloud permanently over your house?
    Here is a new one for you. I took the check to the bank that the adjuster wrote. The idiot wrote it out to the asshole who hit us.

Tried a one on one with the adjuster but he didn't answer his phone so I called claims dept. He responded to their call but claims he is out of checks, so now I get to wait for the check to come via mail. Of course he relayed he was sorry. I am wondering how many bars he hit before appraising our damages a day and a half late from a scheduled appointment.

Of course we have the mail person from hell who only delivers to our block, once maybe twice a week. I can actually verify that. Always know when she is on vacation or sick leave since we get mail daily then.

Honest I can't make this shit up!!!!!!!!!!!! Sumas

Never thought for a minute you were making any of it up......my husband and i joke about the black cloud that follows us too. But gotta say your story of the blight Ticket for your car, followed by the drunk smashing the cars down your whole block and now the adjuster running out checks.........that beats all. I'm sure october 22nd cant come soon enough for you and Ron.

lily

did you frame that check yet?

haha, have to laugh at lifes problems. crazyness. good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Here is a new one for you. I took the check to the bank that the adjuster wrote. The idiot wrote it out to the asshole who hit us.

Tried a one on one with the adjuster but he didn't answer his phone so I called claims dept. He responded to their call but claims he is out of checks, Honest I can't make this shit up!!!!!!!!!!!! Sumas
    OMG! Are you SURE you're NOT making this shit up??????? No offense to you, I'm LMAO @ your circumstances!

Honky Tonk... Sumas suffers from what is know as "Barkers Law"... which states...

"Murphy was an optimist"

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Honky Tonk... Sumas suffers from what is know as "Barkers Law"... which states...

"Murphy was an optimist"
    That's funny! I have good luck too but my bad luck is always just so WIERD!

Thank you for all of the support. I have been living with this with sumas. Big Fun. In the unforgettable words of Hunter S. Thompson "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4