Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some thing fortuitous happened today, I had collected my "proof" papers for the judge and was ready to walk out the door. I got a call, the Doctor had to cancel my procedure.

So no conflict now. Saved a trip. Now it is scheduled on the 3rd due to a cancellation. Oh joy I get to drink vile stuff on Labor Day! No good eats for me. It's ok.

Switching the date created some problems as to coverage but many calls later, all is resolved.

I must be jinxed, !:10am my parked car got nailed by a drunk driver. My car got pushed 4 feet into my neighbors car. The idiot continued on and hit 5 more cars on the next block before his car literally fell apart.

A neighbor, Jordan, on the next block came down and said he witnessed the other 5 cars getting hit, Quell surpris, the police came, sucker got arrested. He had a gun on his person that spilled out of his pocket.

We were the first on Field to get hit and my husband called police when it happened and they said, come into the station to make a report. After all of the turmoil, my husband called a second time and they did come down and added us to the report.

Another neighbor showed up and said he would check out our car in the morning. Probably need a new radiator which sucks cause it was new. Cosmetically, it's any ones guess. Hopefully, it still runs. Our car is so flush with the neighbors car from the impact that they couldn't read our plate so I had to go in to get my keys to get my registration out of my glove box. Mind you, I had been asleep so I was barefoot, ouch

Happily our pastor emeritus picks us up for Sunday services weekly. You can bet I'll be praying that that son of a bitch goes to jail for nailing 7 cars. I only carry PLPD so I am sol. I did ask the officers if that jerk had insurance and they said, who knows, he was too drunk to talk.

Such is life, August sucked for us and certainly started September on a bad note.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Some thing fortuitous happened today, I had collected my "proof" papers for the judge and was ready to walk out the door. I got a call, the Doctor had to cancel my procedure.

So no conflict now. Saved a trip. Now it is scheduled on the 3rd due to a cancellation. Oh joy I get to drink vile stuff on Labor Day! No good eats for me. It's ok.

Switching the date created some problems as to coverage but many calls later, all is resolved.
    Good luck tomorrow. Just remember by ths time you can be eatting your favorites again.

Thank you Lily, all went well. One small polyp.

Funny to think if I got a ticket yesterday, they'd be temporarily right. Drunk hits us and 5, technically 6 others. Our mechanic has ordered a new radiator and will call when it's in. Cosmetically our car now looks terrible but the radiator will put it back on the road. He dropped by the house for a look see and we had to agree that due to its age it isn't worth the cosmetic stuff. When he calls, will have it towed to his shop. The Holy Spirit [[Dodge Spirit) now has a new name, Pitiful Pearl.

Update on the drunk driver deal, Charles on the next block pulled up late yesterday, beeps from the curb, I go out, he says the accident report is available and miracles!!! the sucker is insured. He gave me the guys name address and insurance company, geikco [[sp).

A dear friend drove me to pick up a copy of the report at the Blvd/Woodward location. Frankly I am naive, rarely carry money, never considered I would have to pay for a report. On my way out the door, my husband gave me some loose cash. I get there and zippo parking, so our friend has to circle.

I go in, read the sign, $10 bucks for an accident report. I check my Little purse and I have exactly $10 dollars. I sigh happily. Now I get called up, I have date, time of hit, incident #, officer name who took the report and the time he wrote it up. The officer behind the desk says since it was a parked vehicle I should have brought my registration. The ticket, if I had been in the vehicle would have been in our names but a parked vehicle, the assault is on the vehicle. I must have looked stricken or helpless. So she leans over and says you have all the info and strictly against procedure I'll give you the report. Two blessings in one day. The report doesn't list insurance but I am assuming my neighbors did their research so I'll be calling Geiko.

I hope this dude does have insurance, car still runs great, but, oh so sad looking. We decided we really need a new to us van in good running condition so if there is any insurance available we would fix it up cosmetically a bit and give it to the friend mentioned above. His car croaked and he was able to visit us only because he had the use of his sister's car for the day.

FM350 Swing Gate Opener ... $300
    wireless garage door opener ... $50

Parking Ticket ... $100 ?
    Accident report ... $10
    new radiator ... $300?

ask your car insurance if they will pay for a gate opener so you can keep your car protected from the 'element' of police + drunks. cant hurt to ask.

sorry to hear about the new development. keep us posted on the ticket battle!

My court date for "our" un-operatable vehicle blight ticket is tomorrow. So sucks! I am nervous, not used to court stuff.

Poor baby has only 106K miles in its 20 year history.Really looks bad now but runs great.

Actually impressed with Geiko, after they found out about multiple hits by that drunk driver they asked us to find the owner of a 97 Ford on the next block. Impressive!

Off street parking would cost us about dr
    i am looking back into that, My new radiator installed was $210. Neighbor did some body work, $50.

Default Blight ticket

On a different thread I talked about this. My car is old [[20) but runs great, 106 original miles. Don't much care what it looks like, it looked fine till the drunk driver hit us and 6 others over labor day.

Shocker the dude has insurance.

My commentary is about the courts. No way, did any neighbor make a complaint. The $5 dollar lot was closed so $10 was our cost.The ticket by the way is almost unreadable. Passed it around at a block club meeting and younger eyes than us were baffled.

Got there at 8 am. Went into the court room, maybe 29 other people were seated. An officer of the court came into the room and was shocked, you all aren't supposed to be in here yet. So we all trailed out to be readmitted 15 minutes later. It does get weirder but I need to close. Will finnish this story later!

Oh heckie naw, you get me all drawn into this story just to end it with a 'to be continued'?

Yeesssss, we want an update Sumas!

So here's another duplicate thread about the same subject, the ticket Sumas got. Here's the original.
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...772#post402772

And, at a day later, still nothing from the OP to add to this post.

I'm just trying to figure out whether someone from the court came out to her house and killed her in mid-post, or if it's just a grab for attention?
    Last edited by townonenorth; September-18-13 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    So here's another duplicate thread about the same subject, the ticket Sumas got. Here's the original.

I'm just trying to figure out whether someone from the court came out to her house and killed her in mid-post, or if it's just a grab for attention?
    Thank you for your kind attention to my posts. Apparently I do ramble and repeat myself but then I doubt you have done home hospice for 3 people over the past 10 years. No pity party here, these were people I loved. DY is my main link to the outside world. Sad but true.

Little things like this dumb undeserved ticket do disturb me, sorry, I shared... skip my posts.

Mostly I find great kindness in people. DY is a bit like an extended family.

Frankly believe what you like, I make up stories, whiney bitch, attention hound etc. My friends, family, neighbors could tell you quite a different story then the person you portray me as.Actually I feel sorry for you. No kindness in your soul.

Thank you for your kind attention to my posts. Apparently I do ramble and repeat myself but then I doubt you have done home hospice for 3 people over the past 10 years. No pity party here, these were people I loved. DY is my main link to the outside world. Sad but true.

Little things like this dumb undeserved ticket do disturb me, sorry, I shared... skip my posts.

Mostly I find great kindness in people. DY is a bit like an extended family.

Frankly believe what you like, I make up stories, whiney bitch, attention hound etc. My friends, family, neighbors could tell you quite a different story then the person you portray me as.Actually I feel sorry for you. No kindness in your soul.
    So, you're alive? Great. I'm just curious why you didn't post the rest of the story. And still haven't.

Now, just because I pointed out a possible need to garner attention, doesn't mean that I am calling you a whiney bitch, or an attention hound. Seems to me that you have a bit of guilt in that tone you are using. You don't need to feel sorry for me, either. You've got enough of your own problems to worry about mine.
    Last edited by townonenorth; September-18-13 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Oh heckie naw, you get me all drawn into this story just to end it with a 'to be continued'?
    Sorry Crumbled, the story isn't compelling. Dumb shit happens to people all the time. I get my fair share. My car runs great, got that ticket before the drunk driver hit us. Still runs great. The tire guy tried to buy it. The adjuster from Geiko comes out Friday. Regardless of settlement, we have a dear friend whose car went belly up. We plan to look for a used van and will give our baby to him.

Back to the court story, sat around for quite a while, were given more papers to fill out. Some guy comes in starts calling names out. I get called he looks at the citation, inoperable vehicle. I say I dunno drove it here! He gives me a new date for court. He was serious pissed that I asked his name. No clue if he was an attorney or a court clerk. He told all us with these papers, to go stand in line in the lobby. We were told that we had a court date but not assigned a courtroom. I stand in line, get to the front after about 50 people thinking I guess I'll be assigned a judge. WRONG! I get to the desk and they said why are you in line, so I say that is what they told me to do. They say come back on your new court date, I say how will I know what court room to go to? They say, come and stand in this line.

I am sorry that is really a dumb system.

Quote Originally Posted by townonenorth View Post
    So, you're alive? Great. I'm just curious why you didn't post the rest of the story. And still haven't.

Now, just because I pointed out a possible need to garner attention, doesn't mean that I am calling you a whiney bitch, or an attention hound. Seems to me that you have a bit of guilt in that tone you are using. You don't need to feel sorry for me, either. You've got enough of your own problems to worry about mine.
    Funny you mention guilt, if there are disasters around the world I feel guilty, its just my nature.

Facts: my car run great, we use it almost daily, the ticket is a huge nuisance and totally undeserved.

Fact: My husband has Parkinsons so mobility issues are paramount. He is a gentleman and would not consider letting me go to court alone. So now it is doubly inconvenient.

Fact: yes I look for some social life and intellectual stimulation on the web. I don't think people need to agree with my opinions but like all others I don't like attacks or slights either.

I rarely talk about my faith in God on this forum, it is deep and true. Laugh if you want but I did say a prayer for you. I am fragile currently but like a cornered coon, I'll fight, defend etc. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings along my life path.

I enjoy this forum and well wishes that come our way.

I did post a shortened version of my dumb day in court.

Funny you mention guilt, if there are disasters around the world I feel guilty, its just my nature.

Facts: my car run great, we use it almost daily, the ticket is a huge nuisance and totally undeserved.

Fact: My husband has Parkinsons so mobility issues are paramount. He is a gentleman and would not consider letting me go to court alone. So now it is doubly inconvenient.

Fact: yes I look for some social life and intellectual stimulation on the web. I don't think people need to agree with my opinions but like all others I don't like attacks or slights either.

I rarely talk about my faith in God on this forum, it is deep and true. Laugh if you want but I did say a prayer for you. I am fragile currently but like a cornered coon, I'll fight, defend etc. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings along my life path.

I enjoy this forum and well wishes that come our way.

I did post a shortened version of my dumb day in court.
    You've mentioned all of the above facts before, in previous posts.

But, I do appreciate the prayer. I'm pretty sure I need it these days.

Sorry Crumbled, the story isn't compelling. Dumb shit happens to people all the time. I get my fair share. My car runs great, got that ticket before the drunk driver hit us. Still runs great. The tire guy tried to buy it. The adjuster from Geiko comes out Friday. Regardless of settlement, we have a dear friend whose car went belly up. We plan to look for a used van and will give our baby to him.

Back to the court story, sat around for quite a while, were given more papers to fill out. Some guy comes in starts calling names out. I get called he looks at the citation, inoperable vehicle. I say I dunno drove it here! He gives me a new date for court. He was serious pissed that I asked his name. No clue if he was an attorney or a court clerk. He told all us with these papers, to go stand in line in the lobby. We were told that we had a court date but not assigned a courtroom. I stand in line, get to the front after about 50 people thinking I guess I'll be assigned a judge. WRONG! I get to the desk and they said why are you in line, so I say that is what they told me to do. They say come back on your new court date, I say how will I know what court room to go to? They say, come and stand in this line.

I am sorry that is really a dumb system.

My guess:

They aren't ready to deal with a situation where someone will actually show up and fight a blight ticket, most would just ignore, not pay and never think about it again. If there were more folks like you who would follow up with things like your undeserved blight ticket, then maybe the court would have to find a system to deal with this and not send you and ray on wild goose chase today so you can come back for the next act another day.

as far as you starting the post, and coming back later to finish.....i wondered what had happened, but surely no drama.

i enjoy your posts, as i do most others here. I just find it difficult on occasion to keep my mouth shut with potential replies [[ not yours) when i really really disagree with someone's posting. I try to use DY as a learning tool, besides someplace i come to everynight to read and unwind from a long day at the office.

lily

[QUOTE=townonenorth;403180]So here's another duplicate thread about the same subject, the ticket Sumas got. Here's the original.

I'm just trying to figure out whether someone from the court came out to her house and killed her in mid-post, or if it's just a grab for attention.
    [Quote]

Maybe she just forgot?

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    FM350 Swing Gate Opener ... $300
    wireless garage door opener ... $50

Parking Ticket ... $100 ?
    Accident report ... $10
    new radiator ... $300?

ask your car insurance if they will pay for a gate opener so you can keep your car protected from the 'element' of police + drunks. cant hurt to ask.

sorry to hear about the new development. keep us posted on the ticket battle!
    My home is 107 yrs old and the garage access is from the alley. Currently it is most difficult to park in the garage. I need to pull up to the curb run through the house unlock garage, use the automatic garage opener, pull open 2 swing cast iron grates which weight 10 tons. Dash through the house pull around to the ally and do everything in reverse. I admit to being a bit lazy but you haven't lived till you try to pull open those cast iron gates.

This fall I plan to re roof my garage, paint it too. I did get a quote for a sliding gate but without a remote, need to pull that quote out, I think it was $2500. The gate would allow for parking in part of my yard, not garage. It also called for an extra fence and gate. Don't want to chase my dogs up and down the alley. I hate to look cheap but no matter how beautiful my home is, in Detroit it isn't worth shit.

Sorry I do tend to split posts. The bullshit blight ticket is 500 to $1,000. As to the drunk, the accident report was $10, the radiator was $210 [[I love my mechanic) sad that I fixed that 6 months ago. Bought another tire today, two buck bobby is back from jail and loves to slash my tires. Sigh.He thinks because we are white and maintain our home that "we be rich". Wish that was true. He always wants two bucks and if you don't give it to him he does property damage. I refuse to deal with his petty extortion.

Thanks Lily for your kind thoughts.

Apparently I do ramble and repeat myself. Mea Culpa. Actually it scares me a bit, sure don't need to go Alzheimer since my husband needs me. I took a snooze after dinner and my husband wakes me up to say he is going to bed. Been up all night now. With his Parkinson's he sleeps alot. Tempted to get him up at eight am. But I am not mean even when I have those thoughts. He usually sleeps til noon. I spend a lot of time time counting flowers on the wallpaper. When he wakes, another two hours while he dresses, takes pills, puts in his dentures and has breakfast. Then maybe we will go about pricing used vans.

Hey Sumas, I usually enjoy reading your posts, along with a few other people that post on DYes. There are some threads that I see on the board sometimes that I don't like and I just shake my head when I see them. Even so, if certain people have posted to that thread, I'm intrigued enough just to see what they said that I might even read the thread although I don't like the topic. You are one of those such posters. There are more than a few occasions where I ventured into a thread only to read what you had to say in that particular thread. To me, you're one of the best posters on this site and make this site worth coming to.

That being said, I posted about you ending a story with 'to be continued' just to be partly funny and to nicely request the remainder of the story, as I was interested in what you were talking about. I had no idea it would lead to a spat. I never thought it was that deep, but I guess some people did. Oh well, just ignore them. Detroit is poor in many ways, but as long as we have people like you we will still be rich in spirit and humanity.

^^^ Well stated CP re. Suma's etc... I'm not able to post or read posts as much right now due to multiple work schedules and what not but I'm trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Well stated CP re. Suma's etc... I'm not able to post or read posts as much right now due to multiple work schedules and what not but I'm trying.
    Thanks Zacha. You're also one of the people who I enjoy reading commentary from. What I like about you and Sumas is neither of you deny the problems of Detroit nor offer excuses for them. You admit them and demand accountability from our elected leaders and the citizens that populate our city. Yet, instead of trying to tear people down or shred opponents you rather give thoughtful commentary laced with understanding and bridge building. Detroit could use 700k people like you guys.
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; September-19-13 at 12:10 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast