Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Sehv313 View Post
    Bike lanes are pointless when the streets are filled with broken glass. It's basically impossible to bike in most of Detroit without running over sharp trash and broken bottles.
    I know someone who'd work late nights at the Freep whose usual means of transportation was her bicycle. At least a couple times she had to out-cycle a few half-hearted punks who chased her on her way home. That was before bike lanes, when broken glass was even more common, a while ago.

Not saying there are a lot like her, but she was among those who helped make Detroit neighborhoods better. More and better bike lanes would encourage more like her. There's ample space for them.
    Last edited by bust; December-18-20 at 10:28 PM.

Bike lanes are pointless when the streets are filled with broken glass. It's basically impossible to bike in most of Detroit without running over sharp trash and broken bottles.
    Amen!! I bike everywhere in the spring & summer. This year the amount of trash on the streets was worse than ever! Gotta figure out a way to make the street sweepers run more often.

Not true

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Not true
    I'm not against bike lanes. I'm just pointing out that there are more broken glass in the bike lanes than on the sidewalks on many routes. I bike often, do you?

I'm not against bike lanes. I'm just pointing out that there are more broken glass in the bike lanes than on the sidewalks on many routes. I bike often, do you?
    Yup, never had an issue with my tires related to glass.

Regarding tires and glass in the bike lanes, do you all remember your tricycle which had hard rubber tires? I always wondered why adult bikes had air-rubber tires and not hard-rubber tires. Who can give me the definitive answer? I'm not a bike enthusiast and there are too many reasons that I can think of regarding why hard-rubber tires aren't good. One reason being that they would make your bike ride very bumpy and uncomfortable. Let me know if that's the reason hard-rubber tires aren't used on adult bikes.
    Last edited by royce; December-21-20 at 12:39 PM.

^^^ I've been an avid cyclist in the past. I do the ginpy red and white rentals here and then now. I think the rubber-only harder tires would give a rougher ride, such as happens when you over-inflate the inflatable ones.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-21-20 at 01:14 PM.

I read that a new “neighborhood bar” is opening on Kercheval - “Two Birds.” Their Instagram says “beer + wine + cocktails + custard.”

i don’t quite get the cocktails and “custard” concept. Can someone explain?

West Village should focus on getting a farmers market in that corner spot on Van Dyke and Agnes or get a health food store. Dont need another bar

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    I read that a new “neighborhood bar” is opening on Kercheval - “Two Birds.” Their Instagram says “beer + wine + cocktails + custard.”

i don’t quite get the cocktails and “custard” concept. Can someone explain?
    Soft-serve ice cream cones of various flavors. From the same company that has a counter downtown, HUDDLE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4