Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I agree with others, that the votes must either count, or be re-counted. There is a perception and in many places reality that the voting rights of the less fortunate and minorities are surpressed.

They have two options in my mind:

1) Allow the votes to count
    2) Recount
    And I completely understand that feeling.

But I would think this would only matter if counting these votes would change the outcome of the election, which in this case it won't.

Now one argument I will go to bat for is how people's votes won't matter with Kevyn Orr in charge. Theoretically, if Detroiters supposedly vote for a candidate, Orr as an unaccounted official managing the city can remove the candidate for whatever, and ultimately dictate whatever decisions they make, even if the citizens if Detroit disagree. Heck, he can even suspend the November election if he wants. Yeah, some people will make a stretch to say Snyder is an elected official who's over Kevyn Orr, but at the same time Snyder isn't just accountable to Detroiters, but everyone in Michigan [[which Detroit is now only a very small portion of), and beyond that, Snyder isn't impacted by Orr's decisions as he's not a resident of Detroit.
    Last edited by 313WX; August-21-13 at 01:20 PM.