I was giving a tour to an Austrian TV crew a few days ago and of course wound up at the Packard. We parked where I often park on Grand in the lot of the abandoned grocery store. We were about to walk away from the car to explore the outer areas of the North side of the Packard when an older white dude on a bike rode up and told us this is a bad area to park and leave your car alone. There was a dude who regularly came around shaking down ppl for money and if you didnt pay you would often come back to your car with its window broken out and of course robbed of anything inside. He quickly pointed to all the piles of broken window glass on the ground, I counted 12 fresh piles.
Dude on the bike told me the name of the suspect doing this but I cannot remember what it was.
Im just giving a heads up to you all who explore there. I think the best place to park would be on the next block South about 25 yards South of Palmer in front of the last used part of the Packard where Alan lives. There is usually a church bus out front.
Be safe.