Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. Who do you think had or has any interest in bailing out the city? I can see a little assistance on the scale of the state taking over running Belle Isle, or helping Detroit actually collect its non-resident income tax, or maybe some help with demolition or something of that sort, but I don't see anybody interested in doing anything more than that, and I don't think it is a surprise.

It isn't beyond belief that there could be some kind of tax abatement/enterprise zone/immigration preference program designed to benefit primarily Detroit, but I don't really think I would call that a bailout, and it is a long-shot anyway.
    You have certainly given thought to where a creeping bail out could be applied. As soon as one "little assistance" is given [[DIA) the others become the next "little assistance" to be considered in turn. I suppose it depends in the meaning of "bail out". But as a taxpayer, like you, I hope you are correct and I'm wrong.
    Last edited by coracle; August-16-13 at 05:55 AM.