Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    LOL @ belleislerunner. You better have bigger and more guns than the next guy, because you're going to have to use them if you choose fight over flight. If you call that excuses and bailing...... well, make me a name tag.

I cut through the EEV area every day in my commute. It has certainly changed over the years. It comes as no surprise to me that house values have plummeted over the past 10 years. It's sad, because it possesses such potential. And many of the blocks are still sound from end to end. But take a drive down Buckingham and you'll see the familiar tale of "what once was".
    Ugh! Buckingham isn't EEV. That's MorningSide. EEV is in way, way better shape.

As most people here know, I live in EEV. It isn't paradise, but it's pretty nice, as far as the city goes.

It isn't what it was ten years ago [[i.e., just an extension of Grosse Pointe with different looking street signs) but the drop in prices allowed me to buy a house there, along with a lot of other hardworking folk who want a cool house in the city. Overall, I'm glad I did.

Funny thing is I know exactly which house he lived in. It's on Harvard. I walk past it nearly every day walking my dog. It's a beautiful block [[between Waveney and Cornwall). I'm sorry he had shitty "neighbors."

The prices have also been bouncing back and vacancy is now much lower than it has been in 4 years - below 10%. I'm sorry for his experience and don't blame him for leaving, but change is inevitable, and is often for the good.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Ugh! Buckingham isn't EEV. That's MorningSide. EEV is in way, way better shape.
    Yes, but I think you missed his point.

And I can co-sign to this, as I've witnessed it first hand.

I'm sure as you know, Morningside back in the late 90s/early 2000s was just as solid as EEV with the somewhat fancy homes and solidly middle class families [[there was no difference when you crossed Outer Drive or Mack form Grosse Pointe in the quality of the neighborhoods). But as you can see, that has changed significantly in Morningside. Essentially, one can say the cancer, so to speak, to the SW of it eventually took it over.

His point was this could very well happen to EEV if things don't improve in terms of the city's quality of life. People do get sick and tired of being sick and tired. Since the residency requirement is long gone, there's nothing to stop people from leaving either.