If the rumor is true that the Border Patrol is building on that vacant land, it's too bad that they could not have used that former Farmer Jack building or any of the other vacant buildings. Maybe Border Patrol needs a stand alone building for security reasons, but it's usually cheaper to renovate than to built from scratch.

Also, for years I've wanted to start a thread about the terrible landscaping that exists along Jefferson, starting at St. Jean and continuing to Conner. Has anyone noticed that the trees along the sidewalks are in the middle of the sidewalks? No two people can walk side-by-side because of this. The placement of the trees would have made more sense if they were in the inside of the Jefferson North property [[on both sides of Jefferson). In addition, I assume the City is responsible for the placement of these trees, yet I rarely see any maintenance on them. Many have died or have been broken but remain in their spots. Every time I pass that area I get angry at the lack of foresight. Again if the trees couldn't go inside the plant's boundaries, the City shouldn't have bothered putting them there at all. The sidewalks aren't that wide in that area for both pedestrian traffic and the trees.