so being an admitted out of towner with a lot of love for the history and the potential of Detroit all this EM/Bankruptcy/Election hoopla appears to be as one so eloquently put it ' a dog and pony show, in front of a smoke screen, in a hall of mirrors.'

without diving to deeply into the radical politics that set detroit adrift in the late sixties, it should come as no surprise that the neglect we have witnessed had little to do with 'free market economics'; of course those who disagree are entitled to their opinions. their hopes of a new ice arena on woodward, and another set of corporate oligarchs to pay police so they feel safe are quaint, uninspired, and insidious when considered in the full light of their social implications.

that aside- when one considers the nature of the economic conundrum, the absolute lack of representation, and the reign of mob mentality that is characteristic of impoverished, undereducated communities- does anyone pause to realize that detroit is home to the most valuable, privately owned, international trade route in north america?

thats right, not taking into consideration the vast tracks of land he, and a few others own- this one piece of infrastructure is worth billions annually.

if i recall correctly, there was an international governmental plan to come up with the money for a second span in public hands, creating revenue for a city that has been in desperate need for quite some time. what ever happened to that plan? why is the freepress posting front page stories about people begging obama for money when we are sitting on a gold mine?

the bridge is the bail out!

my nonsense aside, i hope to have a thread that people feel comfortable posting articles, references, details, issues, etc. regarding their understanding of the second span plan.

is this Pension swindling a hole just dumping the chaff before he remembers that we could be creating jobs, and collecting revenue? is he just tired of the cultural treasure trove that has been a vital point in the faintly beating heart of this city?

miffed..