Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I wonder how those cities in the sun-belt will fare in the next 75 years. Cities like Houston, San Antonio, Phoenix keep annexing those communities that surround them. Houston is over 600 sq miles. San Antonio has 7 school districts while it annexes surrounding communities, and has taken over Detroit's #4 ranking in terms of population, but is continuously trying to keep up with pumping water to those places in the hills, rapidly developing.

Since regionalization, or at least annexation, powers have been limited in northern states, we will never be on a level playing field, and have not been since the 40's.

Until the funding mechanism is fixed on so many levels, schools, [[do we really need 100 different school districts in this area?) local governments, [[half of them border-line broke, including counties), or until the realization that we can no longer afford to be hundreds of separate communities seems ridiculous to the masses, Michigan will continue to lag in terms of being progressive and able to adapt to the 21st century.

Get busy livin' or get busy diein'. I say screw this entire state until it gets its head out of its collective ass, cuz this ain't a Detroit problem, it's a Michigan problem. My entire life I've been hearing "that will never happen", when the answer all along has been "IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN". This state must be proactive in how this entire thing plays out, and if they choose to live in the 1950s, and the City and region come up with more dumb-ass 1970's solutions, not a damn thing is going to happen here that fixes a damn thing.

Let's pretend it's 2013, change the course of dead thinking, and make this entire region bang its collective skulls together to bring all of us to reality. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm not betting over $1.
    Last edited by Hamtragedy; August-04-13 at 02:49 AM.