Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Detroit pastor, father killed after asking neighbors to quiet down

This is speaks to why people say nothing, just go along, or move...

Police say Tim Kirby was shot, killed after asking neighbors to keep party noise down

Tim Kirby, 46, was very well-known in his community. He was a local pastor, a father of four and a community activist known for doing good work in the neighborhood.

However, on Monday night, trouble arrived at Kirby's apartment.

"It was devastating. I cried for a minute, and then it was like I couldn't cry no more," said his daughter, Tatiana Kirby. "He was a good father. He was always a caring person. Every Sunday we were always in church. He always made sure we had clothes, good clothes on our backs, food on the table."

Tim Kirby was at his home off Heritage Place Monday night. Police say his neighbors were having a big party with loud music and people screaming. Kirby went outside to ask his neighbors to bring the noise down.

"I was laying on the couch and I heard gunshots around 11:30," said a neighbor.

Investigators say men at the party became angry and began yelling at Kirby. One man opened fire, shooting Kirby three times. The cement in front of his apartment has been stained with blood where he fell to his death.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...z/-/index.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-02-13 at 11:01 AM.