Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Police Called to Whole Foods in Midtown

Well, it happened - police called to Whole Foods.

I was parking our car, and hubby and I realized that the police car that had driven into the lot before us had parked but had not moved, and the cops were obviously checking something out.

As we - and other onlookers - stopped to see what what happening, it was apparent that the police were examining an SUV and a woman [[a white female) was standing next to it, obviously distraught, apparently answering questions.

The police were looking in and out of the van, and we wondered if she had been robbed or the car vandalized - but there was no broken glass nearby, and the police didn't seem to be looking around for a suspect.

Oh my goodness.

After a moment it became apparent that there were babies in the car.

We were later told that an employee had seen the little ones in the car, alone, and reported it. She had not only left the babies in the SUV, but left the vehicle running as well.

The police seemed to be making a report and seemed to be asking this lady some hard questions, but we left before seeing what finally happened.

A possible tragedy in the making, but for the diligence of the Whole Foods folks, and the police.

All of us standing there were sheepish about how quickly we assumed that she was the victim.
    Last edited by marshamusic; July-30-13 at 08:01 AM.