Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I know I grew up in different times, but I still think if you are suspended from school you should not be out after dark. I was suspended from school and whipped so hard it hurt to sit. Confined to my room for a month, no TV, radio, games, phone. No going outside day or night.
    I don't necessarily disagree with you on this on a personal basis. However, that is just a reflection of my upbringing. You certainly can't expect that everyone raise their children in the way that you were. It would be nice, but it's not reality. Being suspended from school has nothing to do with the legality of the kid walking thru the neighborhood at 7pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    You're right about GZ not knowing TM's background or TM not knowing GZ's background at the time of the incident. It all comes down to the confrontation and attack. You're saying the only one to say TM attacked is GZ, but the investigators are saying this too. They had all the evidence, facts, witness testimony, timeline etc. If you're saying that TM did not attack GZ, then we can agree to disagree because the investigation does not support this.
    Did ANYONE other than GZ collaborate the story of TM being the aggressor? I haven't heard it. But I did hear GZ on the 911 call say "shit, he's running". That would lead me to believe GZ was persuing, while TM was trying to evade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post

Did ANYONE other than GZ collaborate the story of TM being the aggressor? I haven't heard it. But I did hear GZ on the 911 call say "shit, he's running". That would lead me to believe GZ was persuing, while TM was trying to evade.
    The The only other eye witness said the man fitting Zimmerman's description was on the bottom and screaming for help while the man on top who matched Trayvon's description was throwing punches. Now that does not in itself determine who the initial aggressor was, but there were zero witnesses to the start of the altercation, so George Zimmerman's account is the only one that isn't purely speculation.

The invesigators, looking at all the evidence including the placement of GZ's flashlight, phone, his injuries etc, concluded this. If you listen to the entire 911 tape, I linked a transcript in a previous post on this thread, after he said he's running he stopped following and answered questions from the 911 operator about his location, who he was, where he lived etc. They then made arrangements for GZ to meet the arriving officers. There were 4 minutes where TM was out of sight. The defense attorney did a good job with this by standing silent in court for 4 minutes so that everyone could see just how long TM had to get to his fathers girlfriends house or go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Wow! I walk a lot at night and look at houses all the time. I wouldn't expect any trouble unless I went into somebody's yard.
    That was my thinking.

I walk at night and look at houses too, and I don't expect any trouble either. But I would expect trouble if I confronted and attacked someone who was following me.

Updates To Original Story:

Teen shot in the head remains in critical condition

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...n-stolen-twice

Marigny homeowner who shot teen is released on bond after DA approves documents

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...n_canniza.html

NAACP, civil rights groups call for investigation into bond for Marigny homeowner who shot teen

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...oups_call.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2