Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Eastern Market

Hybrid View

I love the Eastern Market. I do like the idea that more businesses are opening in the market. I bicycle shop just popped up in one of the store fronts hoping to be a permanent fixture in the market. You cant get anymore organic than the Eastern Market. I just wish that the strip of Gratiot from Russell to Jay had more stores in it besides the Candle store, Trinosophes, and the art store. I would love to see a health food store, a bakery, and even a pet store open on that strip.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I love the Eastern Market. I do like the idea that more businesses are opening in the market. I bicycle shop just popped up in one of the store fronts hoping to be a permanent fixture in the market. You cant get anymore organic than the Eastern Market. I just wish that the strip of Gratiot from Russell to Jay had more stores in it besides the Candle store, Trinosophes, and the art store. I would love to see a health food store, a bakery, and even a pet store open on that strip.
    Where did you see the bike shop? I haven't seen it; it would be nice to have another one close by.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Good suggestions. A restaurant is going to open soon on Gratiot near Russel. They have done an awesome job restoring the art deco exterior. Biggest problem on Gratiot is parking. My church St John St Luke has agreed to let them use our lot.

Maybe we could get Arise Bakery to expand or relocate. A pet shop would be great too. I like to keep my business close to home. I use M&M on East Warren currently. My dogs are so spoiled. I'd love a cat but they don't want more competition for my attention. I sort of inherited all of them in various ways. I am really more a cat person. A bike shop should do well too, sadly I no longer bike. I do have a motorized scooter though but I rarely bring it out as neighbor kids think it a great toy.

Busy Bee hardware on gratiot/Russel has parking now. 4 generations of family. Great store/good people. I like the True Value on Gratiot near the blvd too. They don't have the selection but their prices are good or better than home depot Cheap Charlie is always fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Maybe we could get Arise Bakery to expand or relocate.
    It's called On the Rise Bakery.

I'll stand corrected. Both names seem appropriate. Any ways, I adore/respect the Caputians for what they do.

They also have a droll sense of humor.

Had masses said during Lent for St Patricks Day and St Josephs Day at their Wednesday Healing services.

Heck, I am not even Catholic. They attract huge crowds and sell a lot of baked goods on Wednesdays.