Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I don't think the City needs to sell any art or liquidate any assets. But I know that holding the opinion that art [[which you made no vows or promises to) is sacrosanct and can't be put on the table, while also holding the opinion that vows and commitments you made to living beings can be washed away, lacks integrity.

It lacks integrity in the same way as people getting angry that Mike Dugeon is running as a spoiler, but also believing that Mike Duggan's name should have been printed on the ballot even when it was ruled that it violated the charter.

But since integrity isn't really taught much anymore I am not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    I don't think the City needs to sell any art or liquidate any assets. But I know that holding the opinion that art [[which you made no vows or promises to) is sacrosanct and can't be put on the table, while also holding the opinion that vows and commitments you made to living beings can be washed away, lacks integrity.

It lacks integrity in the same way as people getting angry that Mike Dugeon is running as a spoiler, but also believing that Mike Duggan's name should have been printed on the ballot even when it was ruled that it violated the charter.

But since integrity isn't really taught much anymore I am not surprised.
    You are mischaracterizing the argument. I do not hold the opnion that art is sacrosanct and cant be touched. I do hold the opinion that I do not think it should be touched in these circumstances.