Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tour de Lance

Congratulations to Alberto Contador for winning The Tour de France

Not only did Armstrong not tarnish his legacy he polished it. Lance finished the race in third place but showed sportsmanship and class by excepting a secondary role to Astana team mate and race winner Alberto Contador.

Also congratulations to East Detroit for his 1 to zip victory over Cc. Now if you guys don't mind peeing in the cup...

Quote Originally Posted by rajdet View Post
    Congratulations to Alberto Contador for winning The Tour de France

Not only did Armstrong not tarnish his legacy he polished it. Lance finished the race in third place but showed sportsmanship and class by excepting a secondary role to Astana team mate and race winner Alberto Contador.

Also congratulations to East Detroit for his 1 to zip victory over Cc. Now if you guys don't mind peeing in the cup...
    Thanks...

I think Contador won't be on Team Radio Shack for 2010. To paraphrase him [[from Astana's own website), "I will help my teammates if it is compatible with winning." I guess Kloden saw what that means.

I'm still not sure what to think of Hincapie not getting the yellow on the Stage where Garmin rode up... but it appears he thinks/thought Astana is also to blame. That could mean that Hincapie won't be on Radio Shack either, which would be a shame. He sure does help people win. Just look at the last seconds of the Paris sprint for proof in the pudding.

Armstrong did great! 4 years later he takes 3rd place... wow!

ccbatson Guest

Hmm...maybe he is taking less of the enhancers than the rest of the field now.

Lance Armstrong's a doper!

ccbatson Guest

Very likely...is, or has been, or both.

Speaking of "has been", you've already lost this argument.

However, as long as we're here... can you explain logically why a person [[in this case you) who "works with athletes"... "knows" that they are all dopers? Logically, it would be because you participate, actively or passively, in the doping activity.

So, the question now is... are you an active or a passive participant? Sounds like you're the supplier. Or are you just an accessory?

ccbatson Guest

I have, and continue to oppose the practice whenever I am forced to confront it. Yes, I have been approached to assist in the acquisition of the drugs and in the evasion of discovery of the use...I always decline the opportunity, yet I have learned much in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    I have, and continue to oppose the practice whenever I am forced to confront it. Yes, I have been approached to assist in the acquisition of the drugs and in the evasion of discovery of the use...I always decline the opportunity, yet I have learned much in the process.
    So, the answer is that you are a passive participant and an accessory [[assuming you've never reported the facts as presented to you)?

ccbatson Guest

You know what they say about assuming, don't you East Detroit....applies here very nicely.

Okay, so, you rat them out.

Still, seems odd that all top performing athletes come to you for illegal performance enhancing drugs.

Wouldn't word get out that you don't supply them?

ccbatson Guest

Did I say, or imply that "all of them" come to me?

Best to stop squirming East Detroit, you are just making it worse for yourself.

Did I say, or imply that "all of them" come to me?

Best to stop squirming East Detroit, you are just making it worse for yourself.
    I'm not squirming, whatsoever. I already won this "debate." Now I'm just toying with you because I know you can't let me have the last word.

Anyway, yes, you did in fact imply that "all of them" come to you:

At the top levels of competition....all accept[sic] the last place competitors do it.
    Unless, of course you're dealing with a small sample size and...

You know what they say about assuming, don't you East Detroit....applies here very nicely.
    Yeah, I guess it did for you.
    Last edited by East Detroit; August-05-09 at 04:27 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Sample size is irrelevant here...why? the stakes are too high for athletes at this level to leave a chance of a competitive edge to their opponents.

Sample size and bias are only irrelevant to those who work without facts but instead only with assumptions and emotions.

Quite irrational.

You sound like a lib. Maybe your amygdala needs tweaking.
    Last edited by East Detroit; August-06-09 at 06:59 AM.

ccbatson Guest

How is the State of Denial doing these days East Detroit?

How is the State of Denial doing these days East Detroit?
    Whatever you say, lib.

ccbatson Guest

I say it like it is. Liberals are not capable of seeing things as they are, let alone saying it.

You speak out of assumptions and emotions, just like you say libs do, even when confronted with facts to the contrary.

Therefore, by your own definition, you are an irrational lib.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3