Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Always curious as to why it needs to be downtown. My vote would be adopt a park. Any park, God knows our kids need recreation.

Why not adopt Georgia Street Community Gardens. Amazing things going on there but funds and labor always needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Always curious as to why it needs to be downtown. My vote would be adopt a park. Any park, God knows our kids need recreation.

Why not adopt Georgia Street Community Gardens. Amazing things going on there but funds and labor always needed.
    Nice! Very reasonable.

I have an idea of my own: after the filming of "Transformers 4" is completed, we should keep the borrowed Chicago 'L' train here [[and keep it on the flatbed trailer it's on) and roll it up and down Woodward Avenue until the light rail construction begins, then it could be placed on the rails there!

Photo here.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    I have an idea of my own: after the filming of "Transformers 4" is completed, we should keep the borrowed Chicago 'L' train here [[and keep it on the flatbed trailer it's on) and roll it up and down Woodward Avenue until the light rail construction begins, then it could be placed on the rails there!

Photo here.
    Interesting, we could look into that.

DY has done some sweet things before. Many posters probably do not know about "Its Jeff'. It is a memorial rock and bench on Belle Isle.

Things can be done if people mobilize.

DY has done some sweet things before. Many posters probably do not know about "Its Jeff'. It is a memorial rock and bench on Belle Isle.

Things can be done if people mobilize.
    Great! This can definitely be done.

There's also Cass Park, That one was on the list of the 50 that the city will no longer care for, right? That's in an important area and right by a school!

As far as the building renovation plans... Don't forget that there's the tax auction coming up and some cool buildings are on that this time around... like St. Curvy! Some of those would be cool to fix up and save

Quote Originally Posted by AuburnSpeedster View Post
    There's also Cass Park, That one was on the list of the 50 that the city will no longer care for, right? That's in an important area and right by a school!

As far as the building renovation plans... Don't forget that there's the tax auction coming up and some cool buildings are on that this time around... like St. Curvy! Some of those would be cool to fix up and save
    That's a great idea! We could get a building dirt cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by jw101 View Post
    That's a great idea! We could get a building dirt cheap!
    Then do it if you think it's a great idea.