Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

It's a mess. But as far as I know, assault is still illegal. For any reason.

Mike Scott, Sheriff of Lee County, Florida, recently wrote a letter to the NAACP due to recent pressures from the NAACP over the name of the county, which honors General Robert E Lee, who founded the county, and his picture being up in Government buildings. Also pressure over the Martin-Zimmerman case. Scott's letter to the NAACP is candid, and he makes a lot of good points, though race baiters and color dividers will likely find them offensive.
    Sheriff Scott says he's gone to the NAACP Freedom Fund Awards Banquet for years; he's even been honored at them. But in a two-page letter, he says two issues have thrown the local branch off course, and he won't support them.Sitting down with us, it is the first time Lee County's NAACP president James Muwakkil is seeing that Scott won't attend the upcoming banquet.

"I'm surprised Sheriff Scott didn't pick up the phone and give us the same courtesy we have in the past," he said.

In the letter, the Lee County Sheriff addresses the two issues as to why he won't go, but it's how he does it that raised some eyebrows.
    http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florid...P#.Uek4r421HIc
    http://www.news-press.com/article/20...s-county-NAACP
    Here is the full letter:
    http://cdn2.winknews.com.s3.amazonaw...3334e7ddcf.pdf

Personally, I believe the NAACP should see General Lee as a hero. It was his bad decision making in the Battle of Gettysburg that won the war for the North. General Lee's decision to take a bulk of his forces, starving, many with torn or no shoes at all, with limited arms and ammunition, and have them charge across an open field, knowing the Northern Army had cannons pointed at right at it, lost him the battle and caused him to surrender.

So.. Robert E Lee a racist name? No.
    His errors worked to the advantage of the North.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    So if he *was* a creep checking out little kids, and we got in a fight, that would be kosher? Or not? The intent of the victim is now in play?

This is going to be a rather convoluted law.
    better than letting someone get away with killing an innocent kid

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    It's a mess. But as far as I know, assault is still illegal. For any reason.
    So Zimmerman was clearly guilty, given this post.

They both fought. But the State never filed assault charges, they filed 2nd degree murder charges, then later manslaughter or whatever they thought would stick. Maybe they should have threw assault in there, because there's no way they [[Zimmerman's lawyers) could have dodged that.
    But then again, the prosecution was from Flori-duh. What do you expect?

Check this out, if you have the heart for it:
    Here is the footage of Trayvon buying Skittles the night of the incident. He is wearing a hoodie and he is quite tall. This doesn't match the portrayal of Trayvon as a young small child.
    http://www.reagancoalition.com/artic...age-media.html
    Right winger site, but legit raw footage of Mr Martin in 7-11.

OBAMA SPEAKS
    AND
    DOES HE PROMOTE UNITY AND TRY TO BRING US
    TOGETHER AS AMERICANS?
    NO!!
    HE INCITES RACISM AND TRIES TO INFLAME THE ISSUE!!
    “There are very few African- American men who haven’t had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me, at least before I was a senator. There are very few African-Americans who haven’t had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off.”
    Obama also suggested that the outcome of the case could have been different if Martin were white. "If a white male teen would have been involved in this scenario," he said, "both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different."
    http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...years-ago?lite

Holy. Freaking. Crap.
    This is the President of the United States speaking here. Not some NAACP activist or some guy standing in his front yard holding a beer. This is completely unpresidential. It is a general assumption and comment that is racially charged. It is a statement of division and separation, not unity and equality.

These are some of the worst statements to come out of a President's mouth in the History of the United States.
    This guy is actually fanning the flames of cross racial tensions. Unbelievable. Fanning the flames of hatred and racial tension within his own country, the same country he's supposed to be serving as President of. For all people.

I can kind of understand his comment about "Treyvon could have been me", because Obama admittedly did drugs too, but that's about as far as the similarities might go.

He forgets he is the President of ALL AMERICANS. Latinos, Whites, Blacks, Native Americans, Muslims and the rest. To come out and handle this the way he did today is another example he was not ready for the job. He won by popularity contest and by being more "cool" than the other guy.

Some say it was that he "inherited" a mess. Firefighters inherit fires, but you don't see them showing up and throwing gasoline on them.

It's sad we can't get real leaders in what was once the greatest nation on the Earth.

George Zimmerman is now an enemy of the State.
    It would be in his best interest to flee the USA while he has no charges against him, and flee to a free country. He is now in the category of Snowden, a marked man, and destined to be brought down.
    I strongly believe he should flee the country and do it now.
    Last edited by Papasito; July-19-13 at 04:02 PM.

Papasito, seriously -- you need to take it down about twenty notches.

Where do you get "fairly tall" from that video? the ME says 5'11" and that looks about right. Zimmerman was playing vigilante and got away with it. Tell me one thing Martin did that deserved losing his life

and KID is right. he was 17 dammit. and was doing NOTHING WRONG. stop you apologetics for that thug that murdered him.

As usual papa you provided little if any context involving the president's speech http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...4_story_3.html

We Don't Need You To Do That. Thats what the 911 operator told Zimmerman. He should have followed those instructions. And I wish there was a law that gives him 2yrs in prison for not following those instructions. Sadly, there isn't. He was frustrated because other times he called 911 the cops got there after the suspects had fled. He called 911 over 40 times in a years time, many times following suspicious people, though none of them ever confronted him.

I wonder what would have happened if Martin had called 911, which he should have done instead of talking to his girlfriend. Don't your parents teach you to call 911 when in danger? Isn't that why parents give them cell phones? They weren't in the middle of the woods. Plenty of houses around. Don't your parents tell you to knock on someone's door if you're in danger? Maybe Martin didn't feel threatened at all. But if he called 911 and told the operator that a creepy cracker was following him and asked if he should confront him, I'm sure the 911 person would say, We Don't Need You To Do That. Mistakes on both sides which ended tragically.

The prosecutor did a rather poor job, in my opinion. I wonder if it was intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    The prosecutor did a rather poor job, in my opinion. I wonder if it was intentional.
    I don't think so but I think they never wanted the case to begin with. The public pressure to bring some kind of charge on Zimmerman was so great, that looking back they overcharged him and may have withheld some evidence from the defense team in an attempt to bolster there case. One question I did have is if the screams during the fight was so critical why wasn't a voice analysis done on the tape ? The prosecution said it was TM why didn't they confirm it ?

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    As usual papa you provided little if any context involving the president's speech http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...4_story_3.html
    The President should be above making racist comments. What he said inflames the issue further.

Like all Politicians, all he does is talk. No action, just talk.

If the President REALLY wanted to do something, he would flood the streets with Law Enforcement. We hear all the time about all the Federal officers and the buying up of ammunition. We hear all the time the words of the politicians at the local and national level. Words. Not actions.
    So they can talk until they are blue in the face. They are doing nothing but talking. And that is all they will ever do. Talk, convince you to vote for them, and then talk some more.

what, exactly, were the racist comments?

The nauseating comments he made to whip up National racial unrest over the Justice for Martin is a subterfuge to fill the Media with un-news and keep people from thinking about the shitty way he's running things.

What an absolute non-answer, just what we've all come to expect from you

It wasn't an answer; it was an observation; but thank you for reading it even though you knew what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    It wasn't an answer; it was an observation; but thank you for reading it even though you knew what to expect.
    Yes but even an observation has a basis hopefully in fact

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    what, exactly, were the racist comments?
    There were none. In fact, he spoke the truth. Papasito is very clearly a racist and has problems dealing with the facts of life in America.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Yes but even an observation has a basis hopefully in fact
    A brief and tacit observation on my "garbage" firstandten. Recognizing your general approval of Mr. Obama my immediate reaction was one of pleasurable astonishment but I thought there has to be an enigma here that escapes me. Then I pictured someone typing tongue in cheek with a wry expression.

I thought there has to be an enigma here that escapes me.
    He had the opportunity to become a great President, but has given us Washington DC as usual: Lies, Smokescreens, and False Hope. Now after 5+ years of his Presidency, there are no more illusions. He is what he is, and it's not spectacular.

So someone said I took Obama's words from his speech "out of context". In or out of context, those were his words. A speech of division and race baiting instead of healing. A vow to go after a Hispanic American who was judged innocent in a court of law.

Maybe it was my mistake expecting our President to hold HIMSELF to a higher standard. Shame on me.

L E A N

Treyvon Martin went to the store and bought Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice [[labeled by the media as "Iced Tea") and Skittles, 2/3 of the drug/drink known as "Lean", made popular by the hip-hop and rap culture. This drink is known to cause violent tendencies and paranoia.

It's something to think about from a different angle.
    Discussion on the subject:
    http://www.reflector.com/greenville-...-called?page=1
    http://www.thecoffeeshopblog.net/2012/06/lean.html

H I S P A N I C S

Hispanics should be protesting & leaving the NAACP, railing against the Media and questioning the Democrat Party in droves. They continually ignore that Zimmerman is half Hispanic, and refer to him as if he were white, like the Hispanic side of his family does not count. He is a Hispanic American who has been legitimately found innocent in a court of law, yet they want to see him put behind bars no matter what. Obviously they are racist and bias against Hispanic Americans. There are MILLIONS of "Chicanos" here in America, and now every time one of them may harm a minority of another race in self defense, they know they will be judged only for their white side of the family.
    Rise Up, Hispanic America!!!

Last edited by Papasito; July-22-13 at 07:18 AM.

1st off, LEAN is essentially something to make codeine cough syrup palatable. NONE of the side effects of codeine include violence or paranoia. its side effects deal with things like tiredness, shortness of breath, lethargy, etc.

2nd, Zimmerman's Hispanic background hasn't been hidden or covered up by the media. Zimmerman actually posted anti-Hispanic comments on his Facebook page. As was stated before, Zimmerman looks white, has an Anglo-Germanic name, etc. He never self-identified as Hispanic until AFTER allegations of racial profiling started

3rd, the jury did NOT find him innocent. They found that the charges were not proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    1st off, LEAN is essentially something to make codeine cough syrup palatable. NONE of the side effects of codeine include violence or paranoia. its side effects deal with things like tiredness, shortness of breath, lethargy, etc.

2nd, Zimmerman's Hispanic background hasn't been hidden or covered up by the media. Zimmerman actually posted anti-Hispanic comments on his Facebook page. As was stated before, Zimmerman looks white, has an Anglo-Germanic name, etc. He never self-identified as Hispanic until AFTER allegations of racial profiling started

3rd, the jury did NOT find him innocent. They found that the charges were not proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Papasito will ignore this because he's a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post

So.. Robert E Lee a racist name? No.
    His errors worked to the advantage of the North.
    Hitler's constant military bungling essentially won World War II for the Allies. Maybe he should be honored as well?

I think you should be the one to leave this country since you are clearly unwilling to accept a black president or a growing minority population. Plus you're super fucking annoying.

rb336 wrote, "1st off, LEAN is essentially something to make codeine cough syrup palatable. NONE of the side effects of codeine include violence or paranoia. its side effects deal with things like tiredness, shortness of breath, lethargy, etc."
    Knowing nothing about lean, I looked it up. Codeine makes me loopy. However, other drugs are also substituted in the loosely defined lean. At least one of these drugs can result in hallucinations if taken in large amounts.

A better response would have been to note that young Tryvon had not tested positive for taking lean. Purchasing a certain beverage, by itself, proves nothing.

Wrong, the Huffington Post says that Zimmerman had checked the Hispanic box when he registered to vote. Tryvon didn't know Zimmerman's last name anyway so what does it matter. If it did, Zimmerman is in no way "Anglo". It is just an occupational name for carpenter in German. The head of Argentina has a German name, Kirchner, too. Is that proof that she isn't Hispanic either? Can't we agree with the NY Times, that Zimmerman was a "white-Hispanic" [[with some black DNA)?

Correct. They found that the charges, even for manslaughter, were not proven beyond a reasonable doubt by that jury. Maybe they would have better luck trying Zimmerman for trespassing on front lawns.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast