Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Driving in Detroit has its risks at all times.

The GP crowd on the surface streets can be unruly and aggressive on both the drive-in and the drive-home. I think they are largely MORE dangerous in the mornings, actually. Slightly more reckless and over-the-limit.

But they are joined by more than a few city drivers along the way, every day.

They all react poorly to little ol' me now, when I'm commuting with my honey, since I obey all the limits and hang in the right-hand lane...what with the new Chief and EM dropping into town and all.

This will only get worse before it gets better. I'm guessing we'll have Detroit tutorials on what to do WHEN the high-speed chase happens upon you on the freeways, like they had a decade ago in LA.

If they would only time the lights on Vernor and Charlevoix to change at the speed limit and not just over 50mph...and somebody is going to get killed on Lafayette again. People treat that like a freeway.
    Last edited by Gannon; July-10-13 at 11:11 AM.