Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
No, not during weekend late nights. I do drive the rush hour back and forth on 94 daily. I have a problem with people driving, [[a stretch), weaving in and out @ accssesive speeds, running reds, passing in parking lanes, etc., and generally being disrespectful to Detroit and it's citizens.
HT quite a few GP residents do speed and drive like morons on E. Jefferson. This GP resident used to be one of them.
I have seen quite a few DPD officers pulling over drivers on E. Jefferson for almost a year now, and applaud their efforts. Although they are out gunned at the moment.
As for bad driving by far the worst stop light offenders are DPD officers and that has been going on long before I started driving over 35 years ago. Second worst offenders are Detroit residents. I was on Van Dyke between E. Warren and E. Jefferson over the weekend and I was the only one waiting at a stop light, EVERY other car ran the lights. This was not 1 or 2 cars but 15 or 20. In my routes around the city I see this behavior being repeated constantly.
Bad driving is a problem for all parts of the metro area. I do not know what to do about the problem except to install German style licensing for the drivers of this state.